Are pitchers crazy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Or as my daughter would say "kray kray ".

But since my daughter started pitching she complains about the dirt, mound , how I catch for her, lights being to bright Blah blah blah. Never about her teammates. Just minor things. Are all pitchers like this?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I got a little tired of it and told her there was absolutely nothing I could do about it sitting in LF, talk to her coach. Next game I see her drag her coach out to the circle pointing at the pitching plate, HC shrugging and walking back to the dugout. Catchers are the best, they will nod yes to her like she is actually making sense.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Ahhh yes... DD usually gets like this when she's about 10 pitches past needing to be pulled. She knows nothing is working and looks for whatever reason that would be causing it... I've heard that the dirt was too wet or the dirt is too dry. I've heard that the hole she has dug is now too deep, even though she fills it in between every pitch. I have heard that some totally inaudible sound is now distracting her.

I have seen my DD pitch flawlessly in torrential rain with a nasty wind and never complain once but if you give her a sunny 70° day and she's not hitting her spots, its a laundry list of excuses. I call it her evil Diva twin when she gets like that. I guess it just comes with the territory. When I was coaching, I would go to the mound and try to guess which excuse she was going to use before she ever said anything. Probably not near as funny to her as it was to me.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No, mine weren't like that. They were crazy, but in a different way.

If you want to break her, when she says, "Oh, the lights are too bright," say, "Oh, you're right. Have a seat. Suzy can pitch."

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
No, mine weren't like that. They were crazy, but in a different way.

If you want to break her, when she says, "Oh, the lights are too bright," say, "Oh, you're right. Have a seat. Suzy can pitch."

Absolutely....

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We do not travel very far to play so if DD has an Issue with a certain field we make it a point to go there to practice at least once. We also make it a point to go to the field on Sunday to practice when the fields are still all beat up from all the Saturday games.

Ideal practice conditions are good but also practice in less than ideal conditions.

(If DD needs to pitch in the rain when it is 40 degrees out she is on her own, I am not going out to practice with her in that.)