Anyone still playing? Got shut down again here in So Cal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What have heard about~
On two occaisions last week sheriffs shut down games in oc.

One occaision last sunday 12u played at a field inside a gated community in irvine.

Teams supposed to play in hesperia this weekend...

Teams playing yesterday and this weekend up in nor cal.
No uniforms/logo's

Tournament Venue for July 25-26 in Lake Elsinor area cancelled

PGF= 'Possibly' Girls Fastpitch
Update this weekend.
Nor cal some games got shut down.
So cal games in Hesperia cancelled.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Feeling for all those who are shut down. This week I umped 5 games, coached 3 games, and had 1 practice (another practice rained out). Full swing here in CT. Each town/org handling things their own way, but in general parents and coaches respecting the new normal.

Oct 14, 2019
well, i thought we were playing. it rained so much yesterday we only played one pool game. we were guesting for another team. when i woke up this morning, the sun was shining but the fields were too wet to play and the tournament was cancelled. then i found out that a girl on our regular team tested positive for covid 19 so the world series next week is out of the question. and i had to let the guest team know about the situation. so we got one game total. hopefully the girl on our team is ok. my daughter has no symptoms. last contact was monday july 6.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Got shut down by very nice officers today in Downey, CA. Got one game in. Game is pretty much over. We will be surfing and practicing one on one. Staying in shape and hoping for the return. So Cal is toast.

Jun 30, 2020
Still playing in Georgia. Depends on the local city and county ordinances but there have been tournaments pretty much every weekend since June 6. Triple Crown Southeast Nationals is happening this upcoming week and there is a big showcase in South Carolina too. Tournaments going on in Alabama too.

Our travel team is then shutting down for the summer after TCS as the girls will be getting ready for high school ball (we play fall ball for high school for some reason that has never been explained to me).

Apr 1, 2017
We are Chicago area. We were allowed to start practicing May 30th, and played our first game June 26th. Have 17 completed so far. If things go well, should play about 20 more before we end Aug 9th. (Pre-Covid, today was our last day).

Tournaments/teams trying to make some basic adjustments to stay separated/“sanitized”. All put out guidelines, enforcement varies.

Will add, we aren’t a team that travels all over. Mostly local, although that has expanded a little this summer to make things work.

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team (based in OK) played 6 tournaments and now are pretty much done until Sept (not due to Covid) unless things get shut down between now and then

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Got shut down by very nice officers today in Downey, CA. Got one game in. Game is pretty much over. We will be surfing and practicing one on one. Staying in shape and hoping for the return. So Cal is toast.
...... toast
Screenshot_2020-07-12-18-44-18-1.png

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Got rained out today but still playing in Florida. Going to Georgia next weekend to end the season (may play a fun tournament in Aug before college if things are still happening)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott