Anyone still playing? Got shut down again here in So Cal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
We got in about 2 weeks of practice for All Stars 12u here in Orange County, but got shut down...Travel Ball did as well. "No youth sports". How's it going in your neck of the woods?

Mar 13, 2017
We got in about 2 weeks of practice for All Stars 12u here in Orange County, but got shut down...Travel Ball did as well. "No youth sports". How's it going in your neck of the woods?
I don’t see where youth sports were shuttered in Orange County just summer workouts for high school. Do you have a link? I’m a bit south of you and we’re still practicing down here although I wouldn’t be shocked to be shutdown again.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I sent you a PM. LA and Orange County have been playing friendlies without permits and sheriffs and park and rec kinda wink and nod but on June 28th LA Sheriffs shut most games/ fields down. Teams having practice early in the morning trying to get some work in. Some parks now have K-rails on the dirt. But they still havent canceled PGF???????

Oct 14, 2019
We are playing USSSA tournament in Orlando today. With NBA and MLS in town, not surprising I guess.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
But they still havent canceled PGF???????

If this pandemic has taught us anything, its that “travel softball” is Big Business.

In a way, premier events like PGF Qualifiers and Nationals hold a monopoly. Parents/Players feel like they HAVE to play these events to be recruited for college - and debatedly, that is probably true.

But the money. Player season registrations, team insurances, tournament Registration fees, “no cooler” rules to boost concessions, “stay-to-play” with room rates 50% greater than “street prices”, Sports equipment sponsors and advertising, etc - the list goes on.

Why is PGF not cancelling? Money.

Mar 6, 2016
On July 8th the County of Orange website posted that the state if California banned all youth sports from organized practices and field use.

Look for top story on left on the main page. We are in Laguna Niguel area and our city parks and rec blocked fields and told our league we cant have any more practices. I know local TB teams and friends who are coaches and they also go told they are not to have any more practices. Now... that I know won't mean TB teams will just happen "meet up" at a field somewhere. But use of fields "above the table" is not allowed.

Capture+_2020-07-08-16-14-42.png

Mar 6, 2016
I don’t see where youth sports were shuttered in Orange County just summer workouts for high school. Do you have a link? I’m a bit south of you and we’re still practicing down here although I wouldn’t be shocked to be shutdown again.

Hi... See my post above. Heck, if one if the other parents didn't tell me about it I would have never known about it. Just a small notice on the OCGov website...no other media notification. So Im sure others had no idea it went into effect a few days ago. Our local Rec league was just told by our city..but the city didnt even know for a day or two later. 😵

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Legacy is going on with "restrictions" (e.g., a bunch of stuff written on a waiver, but nothing being enforced). Oh, the kids are sitting in a bunch on the bleachers instead of in the dugout.

Aug 15, 2019
Nothing going on here in Nevada. We did one tournament in Utah last month, but mostly rely on tournaments in Sacramento and they aren’t happening. DD turns 11 next month so we’re just going to get a jump on 12u... practice at least. 🙄

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee