Anyone know of any good point of contact drills.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
What does her tee work look like? Is the tee set up properly? If not, she could be training to hit the ball too deep.

If she's constantly late, it could just be waiting too long to decide/pitch recognition. Is she thinking "yes, yes, yes, no" when batting?

I guess what I'm saying is it's hard to know if the problem is mechanical or mental. A player with a great swing can be late all the time. EDIT: Having a great swing that gets on plain would somewhat mitigate being late.

May 12, 2014
What does her tee work look like? Is the tee set up properly? If not, she could be training to hit the ball too deep.

If she's constantly late, it could just be waiting too long to decide/pitch recognition. Is she thinking "yes, yes, yes, no" when batting?

I guess what I'm saying is it's hard to know if the problem is mechanical or mental. A player with a great swing can be late all the time. EDIT: Having a great swing that gets on plain would somewhat mitigate being late.

We set up the tee out front. But I think you’re on to something in regards to pitch recognition. Maybe she’s analyzing the pitch. She’s not late as in striking out. It’s more so she hits everything right/center or right.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
We set up the tee out front. But I think you’re on to something in regards to pitch recognition. Maybe she’s analyzing the pitch. She’s not late as in striking out. It’s more so she hits everything right/center or right.

late Barrel acceleration. it works until it doesn’t. at the upper levels she will be a singles/doubles hitter. Think Derek Jeter. don’t get me wrong. You can still hit HRs. you’re just not using your full potential power and speed wise.

learn to ‘pull’ the ball. learn how to release the barrel.

this is an outside pitch that is ’pulled’.

all this is being said without me seeing her swing. So take it for what its worth. Basically a blanket statement.

Last edited:
May 12, 2014
late Barrel acceleration. it works until it doesn’t. at the upper levels she will be a singles/doubles hitter. Think Derek Jeter. don’t get me wrong. You can still hit HRs. you’re just not using your full potential power and speed wise.

learn to ‘pull’ the ball. learn how to release the barrel.

this is an outside pitch that is ’pulled’.

all this is being said without me seeing her swing. So take it for what its worth. Basically a blanket statement.

When you say pull...are you saying “wrapping” the bat around the ball?

also, here’s a hit. I’ll find others

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles