Anyone familiar with Denny Tincher and his 'fluid dynamics' pitching style?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2010
I watched the video and the pitchers are very explosive and aggresive. Not enough detail in the video to say one way or the other about his pitching style. If he was his DD's PC then I would say he produced one fine pitcher. I would be interested to hear what he has to say.

Jul 26, 2010
I saw a lot of good starts and little follow through with a "hard arm stop". Kinda makes you wonder if that extra pressure on the shoulder had anything to do with things.

-W

Jan 24, 2011
I actually have a pitcher (1st year 14u) that goes to him for lessons. I really dont know much about the specifics of his particular style. This pitcher is pretty small for her age , but has really good movement pitches. No complaints of any shoulder/arm pain.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
I actually have a pitcher (1st year 14u) that goes to him for lessons. I really dont know much about the specifics of his particular style. This pitcher is pretty small for her age , but has really good movement pitches. No complaints of any shoulder/arm pain.

Does she have any lower back pain?

CoachI

College Coach
Apr 19, 2012
Virginia Beach
I am familiar with Denny’s Fluid Dynamics. IMO Denny teaches what comes natural to the pitchers, nothing strenuous or uncomfortable in the pitching motion. I have personally heard pitchers say it felt much better or fluid. His whole premise is predicated upon biomechanics and he explains is well. I also know he has done clinics/lessons from Delaware to Arizona (including for ours) and cannot keep up with the request. Lastly, Angela Tencher showed that it works well against some pretty stout competition. Hopefully this helps.

Coach I

Feb 19, 2009
My dd takes lessons from Denny when he comes to our area, which is about quarterly, and has a local pc we see more frequently. He hasn't contradicted anything her regular pitching coach has taught her mechanically (open, IR) and has taught her a few things her regular pitching coach doesn't. Our regular pc is a men's fp veteran who doesn't teach screwballs and rollover drops while Denny does teach those pitches (mixed results in my dd's case due probably to the infrequency of our lessons). He's a good guy who's generous with his time and doesn't charge much more then our regular pc despite having higher travel expenses.

I thought this Fluid Dynamics program was a combination of pitching and a strength training program for women but in reading the description on the link I'm not so sure. I've talked about the strength training component of his pitching program with him but haven't started anything with him to date.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2012
I know that thousands are familiar with Tincher Fluid Dynamics already. If you're not, you will be soon...just like several of the top up and coming pitchers in the U.S. as well as college coaches. His personal story with his daughter, Angela, his research, his creativity, his vast knowledge of biomechanics (why all the male tendencies taught for the last 30+ years are completely counterproductive) -- all just tremendous stuff. Spend a few hours with Denny and you will have more "Ahhhh Ha!" moments than you've had in a long, long time. He and Angela also just launched a new training program designed specifically for pitchers. IMO, Tincher will change the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves