Any opinions on Foster Fastpitch program?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
I would like to hear as well..please share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She is very well thought of by the people in her area. If you ask about pitching coaches in her area her name always comes up. I don't think you can go wrong if you use her.

Aug 21, 2008
Curious, how old is she? I went to her website, which I thought was pretty well done and looked quite professional. And I watched her 2 minute video where she does an intro type thing. Based off what I saw, I think I'd have some fundamental differences of opinion with her but, I doubt that would matter to anyone. Looks like she has a pretty cool facility too.

Sep 6, 2021
Curious, how old is she? I went to her website, which I thought was pretty well done and looked quite professional. And I watched her 2 minute video where she does an intro type thing. Based off what I saw, I think I'd have some fundamental differences of opinion with her but, I doubt that would matter to anyone. Looks like she has a pretty cool facility too.
Google says she was playing for the University of Alabama in 2003, so I’m guessing 40ish. Young. Thanks for looking into it. I’m way up in Canada & finding a pitching coach is challenging& thus I’m always looking at possible online options. My daughter happened to like Kerri’s videos, so I thought I’d look for references. The young coaches in our locale are only here briefly before they head south & our local pitching guru (Dean Holoien) is very expensive & hard to get into cause he’s so busy. Incidentally, he said he used to play against you back in the day! Thanks!

Aug 21, 2008
Google says she was playing for the University of Alabama in 2003, so I’m guessing 40ish. Young. Thanks for looking into it. I’m way up in Canada & finding a pitching coach is challenging& thus I’m always looking at possible online options. My daughter happened to like Kerri’s videos, so I thought I’d look for references. The young coaches in our locale are only here briefly before they head south & our local pitching guru (Dean Holoien) is very expensive & hard to get into cause he’s so busy. Incidentally, he said he used to play against you back in the day! Thanks!
Holoien was one of the best, no question. He'll probably end up in most of the Hall of Fames, if he's not already in them. It's been 10 years or so since I've seen him but I do listen to his podcast now and then: 2's talk. It sounds like he's doing some great things with his program up there.

It's odd to hear about the lack of coaching up there. As good as Canada has been internationally, you'd think there's pitchers everywhere that offer help.

What about Glen Jevne? Is he close to you? I know he just put out a book about softball pitching, another Hall of Fame pitcher. He pretty much played in the era before Holoein. I don't know where Jevne lives but I thought it was Alberta. You can find Jevne on Facebook too. Good luck with it Barb.

Sep 6, 2021
Holoien was one of the best, no question. He'll probably end up in most of the Hall of Fames, if he's not already in them. It's been 10 years or so since I've seen him but I do listen to his podcast now and then: 2's talk. It sounds like he's doing some great things with his program up there.

It's odd to hear about the lack of coaching up there. As good as Canada has been internationally, you'd think there's pitchers everywhere that offer help.

What about Glen Jevne? Is he close to you? I know he just put out a book about softball pitching, another Hall of Fame pitcher. He pretty much played in the era before Holoein. I don't know where Jevne lives but I thought it was Alberta. You can find Jevne on Facebook too. Good luck with it Barb.
Thanks! By the way, My daughter loved your “Bill is #1” tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi