Camwood Program

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 15, 2023
Anyone tried the camwood program for their daughter or player? Success? Failure? Please explain your experience.

May 31, 2012
Anyone tried the camwood program for their daughter or player? Success? Failure? Please explain your experience.
2 college players last NOV DEC 1/2 of JAN did the program
One hit .385 and 7 homeruns, and lead the team with 22 doubles. This was her sophomore year. Her freshman year hit .227 with 0 HR and 2 doubles!
She called me in August wanting to start the program again, we started last week, she loved it. BUT SHE WORKED IT.

The other was a good hitter (but a singles hitter) hit .326 freshman year (3 doubles, 3 triples), .339 sophomore year (3 doubles, 3 triples). Worked the program last winter before reporting in Jan. Hit .412 with 18 doubles and 7 triples (lefty that can really fly)

Its a very good program, that will work if you work it, plain and simple! Exit velocity jumped for the sophomore as well, she was at 64-66, went to 73-75

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't know about the program but my DD has been using one for tee work and some front toss for about 8 months and she has gain exit velo for sure. It doesn't happen over night. Like most things, its not a magic bullet but take consistent effort.

Dec 19, 2021
One hit .385 and 7 homeruns, and lead the team with 22 doubles. This was her sophomore year. Her freshman year hit .227 with 0 HR and 2 doubles!
She called me in August wanting to start the program again, we started last week, she loved it. BUT SHE WORKED IT.

The other was a good hitter (but a singles hitter) hit .326 freshman year (3 doubles, 3 triples), .339 sophomore year (3 doubles, 3 triples). Worked the program last winter before reporting in Jan. Hit .412 with 18 doubles and 7 triples (lefty that can really fly)

Its a very good program, that will work if you work it, plain and simple! Exit velocity jumped for the sophomore as well, she was at 64-66, went to 73-75
What is the program like? What does it aim to produce in the swing?

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I posted one of the drills and the gurus thought it wasn't very good. They talk a lot about staying inside the ball. I like the camwood bat for strength training and batspeed. They sell an underweight bat too and have a 2 and 2 drill. Two swings with heavy bat follow by 2 swings with light bat.
DD also does the Happy Gilmore with it. She has the 35 inch Total Control Camwood Bat.
How Total Control sells their own Camwood bat beats me. On their website the bat appears to be to be gray cammo color but when it arrived it was yellow and blue. Go figure.

Jul 19, 2021
I don't know about the program but my DD has been using one for tee work and some front toss for about 8 months and she has gain exit velo for sure. It doesn't happen over night. Like most things, its not a magic bullet but take consistent effort.
the question is, would she have gained that exit velo via normal physical/strength development that occurs in 8 months of a kid's life without the Camwood? It's possible. No one will ever know for sure.

Jul 1, 2022
I started my daughter with the smallest camwood bat (the 24 inch "short bat") when she was 6. I feel it did a great job promoting keeping her hands inside and building some strength (she's a small kid 14 T-ball bat to a 28/16 LS Nexus in the span of 1 year). She can swing that 28/16 bat pretty fast now but the sweet spot on that bat feels so small that any slight mishits and it's a weak grounder.

She's 7 now and her goal (not mine) is to be able to properly handle a 28/17 Prism I got her (it weighs more than 17oz) because she likes the color scheme so much. As a result I bought a 28 inch camwood for her to use this offseason, so we'll see whether it can help develop her bat speed enough to handle it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2018
Texas

What equipment do you need for this program?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00