Camwood Program

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2020
My daughter started the 10 day challenge today, essentially following the program exactly as the videos state. Today it was to hit 25 balls off a tee as hard as she could, pick up the balls, and repeat for a total of 100 balls. It's the same for tomorrow. For reference, she is 13 years old (turns 14 in 3 months), 5'6" and around 160 lbs. After a light warm up, she hit 6 consecutive balls with her regular bat and registered the following mph on my pocket radar - 61, 61, 66, 59, 62, 63. She wanted to hit more after she did the 100 Camwood cuts, and she lived in the 62 to 64 range with a peak at 66 mph. Her goal is to get to 70 mph in 10 days. She'll probably want me to radar her everyday, so I'll keep you updated on any progress that she makes.

Sep 24, 2020
Those are great numbers. 70 in 10 days is a lot. If she doesn't make it, don't worry.
Yeah, I think I worded that wrong. Her goal is to get to 70, not necessarily in 10 days. She'll take any gain in improvement that she gets. She sets good expectations for herself. During the hitting session tonight, I mentioned that she should have a goal of not striking out in her upcoming middle school season (not as a competitive league as she faces in travel ball). She said that her goal was not to strike out more than twice, and that setting a goal for perfection was a recipe for failure. I just shut up at that point.

Sep 24, 2020
Day 2 of the 10 Day Camwood challenge in the books. We did not radar anything today. Tomorrow is a switch off routine, 2 hits with the Camwood and then 2 hits with her bat for 100 balls. I'll be back with an update tomorrow.

Sep 24, 2020
My daughter did day 3 of the 10 day challenge today, alternating 2 swings with the Camwood bat and two swings with her regular bat. She hit 100 balls, and then hit 5 balls with me doing the pocket radar. Speeds were 60, 65, 63, 60, and 64. Not sure if it is just a product of doing tee work three days in a row or using the Camwood, but today was her best day in regards to avoiding mishits. She was really consistent in hitting the same line drive ball off the tee. We'll back at it tomorrow.

Sep 24, 2020
Day 4 update. We had a little setback today. We got through about 30 swings alternating the Camwood bat and her game bat. She started to get some discomfort in her left pectoral. We shut it down for the day as I didn't want her to injure herself. We'll see how she feels tomorrow, and will attempt to pick it back up if there is no discomfort.

Sep 24, 2020
Not sure if anyone is following this or not, but wanted to post an update. No hitting done yesterday, my daughter is still a little sore. We're gonna take a few days off to rest and then start back on it. I'll update this again once she is swinging again. Hopefully we can provide some good feedback for anyone interested.

Dec 19, 2021
Definitely following...

Hope she can get back into it. Interested in the results and timeline and especially observations along the way.

Sep 24, 2020
My daughter took a couple of days off, but then had a travel team practice today. The coach had everyone test their exit velocity today. My daughter took a couple of practice cuts with the Camwood before testing. She was consistently between 63 and 66, and hit 69 twice. Her average and her peak were up. Not sure if this has any to do with the work she did earlier this week, but it does start a new baseline when we start back up with the program next week. One other interesting factor could have been that we were indoors today with a slightly higher temperature than the outdoor clocks that I got earlier this week. There's another recent thread about this. We'll be back in the cold outside this week so it will be interesting if it drops a little.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414