Any advice welcome

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2011
Where is she missing? High and low is just release point. She just needs to throw to learn how to control and fine tune her release point. Missing left and right is a mechanical issue. She's getting a little in front of herself but it doesn't look that bad. Use the front leg to stop her momentum. Her wight shouldn't transfer to the front foot. She's a lefty so if she is consistently missing outside to right handed batters the left hip is turning to early. The hip shouldn't close until the ball is snapped. I think she has decent form for a 10U player. I would have her speed up the arm circle, snap harder and throw more.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She is very good for a 10 yo. She, of course, has some common problems with release and stride on the power line, and sometimes she collapses on her front leg. But, also every once in a while she is putting it all together and throws a heck of a pitch.

With a good practice routine and some positive encouragement, she will become stronger and more consistent. I would keep doing what you are doing and perfect her overhand throw. Good luck and have fun.

Jun 22, 2008
There is no requirement in the rules to "pause" when the hands come together. In fact the FED rules state the hands may be in motion when they come together.

Jan 25, 2011
She looks to have a Bill Hillhouse style of pitching. My dd goes to him for pitching lessons. I would go online and check out some of his youtube stuff and also go to his website House of Pitching and I would maybe think about getting his new video. Your dd looks pretty good, just some things to work on. Keep it fun with her and just take your time.

Sep 19, 2012
We are working on the tips you guys gave us. Her push foot is staying pretty straight now. Is the front leg still collapsing too much? If it is, what is a good way to keep it stiffer? After we master the leg, what would you guys work on next mechanically? Here is her earlier tonight. 20121015055936 - YouTube 20121015060152 - YouTube

Thanks for all the help guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA