Another one for the file.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Man, I never knew I was the only sinner on here. At least I can come clean to all about a few bone head moves. ( and like I said, I only did it when someone deserved it )

I guess no one on here has drove over the speed limit to get their DD to a game or practice. If you have guess what, you've broken a rule/law. May seem harmless to you, may make someone else mad on the road, may or may not cause an accident. But I'm guilty of that and put money on it EVERYONE who has been throwing stones has too.

I still love and enjoy you guys.

Hey I'm plenty guilty myself. Doesn't mean I'm proud of past mistakes or won't continue to point out what I see as bush league tactics.

Nothing personal, you seem like a good guy. I suspect we would enjoy a few beers together if we ever met in real life.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Just FTR, if I was living vicariously through my DD, I'd be going to her cello recitals in an air-conditioned hall and sipping wine.
Watching her crouch in the dust on a hot weekend while people crash into her and listening to d-bags advertise their acumen from the stands while I sweat through my second shirt was not what I envisioned.
.....pardon the interruption, as you were......

I second this, only it would be a violin recital. (Too bad my loud mouthed DD has stage fright -- who knew??)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
There won't always be a coach or parent present when our DDs run into a difficult situation, whether it be in FP or real life. Whenever coach or mom or dad steps in to address a problem during a game, our DDs miss an opportunity to develop the self confidence that they can handle problems on their own in the future. Our DDs should also be taught to distinguish between the major problems that absolutely require "outside" help (i.e., bullying, sexual misconduct etc) and the small problems that can be resolved independently.

As a coach, if you feel there are situations that dictate a certain response, you should be teaching your players not only how to hit, field, and throw, but also how to address other situations that may arise during a game.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
There won't always be a coach or parent present when our DDs run into a difficult situation, whether it be in FP or real life. Whenever coach or mom or dad steps in to address a problem during a game, our DDs miss an opportunity to develop the self confidence that they can handle problems on their own in the future. Our DDs should also be taught to distinguish between the major problems that absolutely require "outside" help (i.e., bullying, sexual misconduct etc) and the small problems that can be resolved independently.

As a coach, if you feel there are situations that dictate a certain response, you should be teaching your players not only how to hit, field, and throw, but also how to address other situations that may arise during a game.

Best post on here yet. What we teach on the field doesn't stay on the field. Situations can be involved in real life. Learning to work as a group and individuals. Learning right from wrong. Learning to stand up, and match punch for punch. Learning life is not fair or like in the movies. Learning from mistakes, and owning up to them. Learning to push forward but never forget where we started.

This wonderful game is about all our lives. You win some lose some, had days life was great, some days suck, the best family time together, days when you cry, days when you're high, long hours but it's all worth it, make friends and enemies, but most of all make memories. You can't put a price tag on that.

Last edited:

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
how 'bout the 3rd base coach and the 1st base coach SCREAMING at a 10 year old girl (pitcher) to throw the ball to 2nd on a delayed steal??? classy...

Jan 31, 2011
I have found the best way to shut up the spectators is to make a statement on the field. Many years ago my team was 10U and we faced a team in a big tourney that the parents were way over the top cheering. It was a deliberate attempt to change the outcome on the field. The cheering was directed at making my pitcher cave in on the pressure. Undo influence type thing. I made a mound visit and told her the only way to shut them up was to strike out the batters...We squeaked by with a win, but as a coach you never forget it.

We played them again the following year in the same tourney & we were far superior by then. I let the score get way out of hand. something like 20-0. Sorry, I just don't ever forget...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32