Another interesting call

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Another interesting call yesterday in MLB highlights, ball hit in the IF F1 goes to cover 1st, F3 had left 1st, but comes back, F4 or F6 throws to 1st f3 is on the bag foot in contact runner hitter approaching, F3 stretches as to catch ball, F1 puts his glove in front of F3's glove, F1 catches the ball, both gloves are right together F1 is not on the bag, 1STBU calls out.

Do they get any stranger?

May 30, 2011
Um..hate to say but even if F3 had caught it I think he came off the bag on the stretch. Now how does not one out of four guys figure out that the wrong player caught the ball and fix this? Man up guys you blew it now do what you gotta do!

Or did they need the out really really badly? ;)

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Almost as cute as Seggie stealing first base?

Wish i had seen it live, good humor., Got to ask my buddie the ump if he has ever had this call.

Almost but not near the ball in hand, tag with the glove, which also happened a few days ago.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I think every umpire sees this, well multiple players making a play, not necessarily as bad as this.

Usually it is two defenders trying to make the play at the same base and hard part is matching the feet with the player catching the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45