Unsportsmanlike spectrum: you decide

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
In all my training, not once has "spirit" of the rules ever been mentioned.

Interesting. My husband is a state championship football official and their training talks about the letter and the spirit all the time. Officiating games appropriately is an art as much as a skill since many situations are not black and white. I think this is where the spirit comes in. Maybe softball trains differently across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Interesting. My husband is a state championship football official and their training talks about the letter and the spirit all the time. Officiating games appropriately is an art as much as a skill since many situations are not black and white. I think this is where the spirit comes in. Maybe softball trains differently across the board.

Making a non-call in situations where parents believe there is a foul or rule breaking going on takes skill too. Way Way back in the younger days. Batter swings and slings the bat, hits the catcher...twice in the same at bat. Parents are going ballistic demanding the batter get tossed. Was their intent? NO. Clearly the batter is not very good. No rules against sucking! There are many other parental made up rules or myths in the game whereas parents and coaches believe there is some sort of infraction. All sports.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

🏆👍

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23