and the Award for the WORST parent of the year goes to....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Not the worst parent. The worst parent is the one who is NEVER disappointed with Sweet Suzy Softball because she is clearly better than every other girl on the field, in all aspects, and she makes a mean eggs benedict because she is just that multi-faceted (true conversation during a game). At least your boo-boo was honest from both perspectives. When that happens, I just throw $20 in the therapy jar and buy her a new pair of shoes. Her therapist won't get bored.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2014
Not the worst parent. The worst parent is the one who is NEVER disappointed with Sweet Suzy Softball because they are clearly better than every other girl on the field, in all aspects, and they make a mean eggs benedict. At least your boo-boo was honest from both perspectives. When that happens, I just throw $20 in the therapy jar and buy her a new pair of shoes. Her therapist won't get bored.

The carnival is in town so I'm thinking an all ride wrist band might do the trick...although once we got home she was basically over it and more upset at the ump than me...as mentioned this was the culmination of numerous crazy umpiring fiascos the worst/funniest/saddest of which was according to DD (I was a few minutes late rushing over from work) home plate asking for help on a balls or strike call (not sure I believe it but you can't hardly make that stuff up)

Feb 22, 2013
home plate asking for help on a balls or strike call (not sure I believe it but you can't hardly make that stuff up)

I believe the above statement could happen.

I was watching a college game last year. The girl at the plate swung her bat and missed the ball completely. The umpire called the pitch a ball. The head coach told the umpire that the batter swung at the ball and missed and that it couldn't be a ball. The catcher asked the home plate umpire if he could ask for help with the 1st base umpire. The home plate umpire pointed to the 1st base umpire and yelled, "Did she go?" To which I yelled back, "No, if you look a little to the left, she's standing in the right handed batter's box."

Sometimes you can't make this stuff up.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Saw a loudmouth parent actually cost her team a game this weekend, she would definitely be my nominee for worst parent of weekend. We were watching a 12U game while waiting for our field to open up so I have no idea what relations were, but one mom behind backstop is loudly coaching catcher on every pitch, so I'm assuming she was catchers mom. Heard her say at one point "come on you gotta use two hands" so you know she knows what shes doing at that point.

Away team up by 1, time expired, bottom of last inning, 1 out, runners on 1&2. Pitcher strikes out batter looking and catcher drops ball. This woman starts screaming (not yelling, but screaming like she's on fire) "throw it to first". Poor kid catching panics because of this and overthrows to RF foul territory and ball rolls a while before RF can get it. Both runners score, home team wins. This piece of work just glares at the catcher as teams shake hands, oblivious to what she had just done. If a coach ever gets a free pass to strangle someone, this would have been a good time to use it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish