Amazing....LL World Series Protest upheld!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
I would be LIVID of I was with the Washington team!

http://espn.go.com/sports/llws15/story/_/id/13460996/central-iowa-protest-upheld-little-league-softball-world-series

Oct 9, 2013
Well...Im a coach too so I cant stand 2nd guessing parents...lol. But a 8-0, no hitter at the LLWS @ the World Series after going 3-0? As a coach, I would think some people would be raising their eyebrows. I would also be checking if this type of protest was filed and upheld before. I didn't see the game but it sounded quite obvious.

Nov 18, 2013
Part of Statement from Snohomish LL president:
View attachment 8763

While the coach was primarily to blame, it's incorrect to say the "young ladies had no role" or "they fought their hearts out". It would be hard for a 13-14 yo to go against their coach, but ultimately it was the kids who threw the game. The coach, parents and players all have some share of blame.

Sep 29, 2014
Six page thread already going on this but it is tough to blame the girls, they just figured their coach knew what he was doing. Which obviously he did but was too clever by half. This is 12U although alot of 13YO as you might expect they are basically a travel team out of WA. My biggest issue is there is a penalty for this and it is coach suspension not one game playoff....oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00