All Stars Movie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
In the trailer, I liked where the wife says "I remember when you used to say we're not in it to win it, we're in it to fun it. Remember that?"

And then the husband/coach mumbles, "Yeah, that was stupid."

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Watched this again (with my DD this time)...wondering if I should I be worried that she laughed hysterically at the part where the girl drills her dad in back with the ball?

Mar 21, 2013
personally, I liked the trailer a whole lot more than the full movie...

It was good, but I started to lose interest about halfway through.

I think that the mistake this film makes is that they try and introduce a plot,
transforming it from quasi-documentary to quasi-drama somewhere in the middle.

Would've been funnier if it just kept it to the documentary side of things, IMO.

Just my opinion.

Just like rec ball as you get closer to all stars...

Jan 22, 2011
They are working on producing "hairy ketchup bottle" t-shirts. I say we make them our default DFP shirts.

Was hoping they would. I know I would buy a few.

Daughter made a valiant effort to get her Fuschia team named the 'Hairy Ketchup Bottles'. It actually made it through 2 rounds of voting.

We are the 'Smashin Panthers'.

Jun 7, 2013
Watched this again (with my DD this time)...wondering if I should I be worried that she laughed hysterically at the part where the girl drills her dad in back with the ball?

Yes, you should worry! My youngest DD literally did this to me on purpose. When she was only 3 or 4 and I was working with her off a T, I put the ball on the T and started walking out to the pitcher's mound to field. After a few steps she hit the ball and hit me in the butt. She couldn't stop laughing. She still remembers this. In fact, it may be her fondest childhood memory. Fortunately for me, at that time it was just a plastic ball.

Jun 12, 2015
My DD (and all her team mates) are always amused anytime the coaches miss a ball, make a mistake, or get nailed by a ball. Apparently that's normal ;)

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks for the recommendation! DH and I just watched it last night and it was hilarious! It is just like Best in Show the softball version. The little subtleties like the dad that was banned from being near the dugout during games, he's giving an interview in his backyard and his DD is hitting off a tee into a bow net in the background...So classic!

So the guy who wrote and directed it is the same guy who played the head coach in the movie (Lance Kinsey). At the end of the credits it says thanks to "Logan, who made it all possible". A quick google search reveled a Logan Kinsey who played in high school (pitcher). If that is in fact his kid then I'd say he wrote this movie based on his real life experiences.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the recommendation! DH and I just watched it last night and it was hilarious! It is just like Best in Show the softball version. The little subtleties like the dad that was banned from being near the dugout during games, he's giving an interview in his backyard and his DD is hitting off a tee into a bow net in the background...So classic!

So the guy who wrote and directed it is the same guy who played the head coach in the movie (Lance Kinsey). At the end of the credits it says thanks to "Logan, who made it all possible". A quick google search reveled a Logan Kinsey who played in high school (pitcher). If that is in fact his kid then I'd say he wrote this movie based on his real life experiences.

I recall reading somewhere that Lance Kinsey also served some time as a youth rec ball coach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish