All Stars Movie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm pretty sure most of the parents in the movie are based on parents from the rec league my DD played in at 10U. Great movie! Hilarious...because it's so true.

Aug 26, 2015
Finally got a chance to catch this flick. Hillarious. Talk about spot on. Maybe I'm alone here, but I have to admit I saw myself in a mixture of a few "charcters" on screen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jun 12, 2015
Finally got a chance to catch this flick. Hillarious. Talk about spot on. Maybe I'm alone here, but I have to admit I saw myself in a mixture of a few "charcters" on screen.

You're not! The stats guy was going over his numbers and my husband said, "It's you!" Lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Yep. I'm definitely a stats-coach mix.

While it rings true across the country, I wondered if any of the SoCal folks here would feel that way!

So Cal isn't immune to whack-job parents. Also, the movie is set in So Cal (Santa Monica, CA).

Aug 26, 2015
I think I'm more of a stats-AC mix, though that could fluctuate based on the situation lol.

Jun 12, 2015
IScore is my favorite thing ever. I'm always showing the numbers to my husband (who's the AC). BUT LOOK! She's awesome! Look at her stats! The numbers don't lie! And he's like, chill, woman.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
We watched the movie twice yesterday. I cannot begin to explain how spot on the parents in the movie are lol. The girls on the team did a great job...they seemed like regular 9 year old girls doing something fun rather than actors. The conversation about the socks killed me. I remember having a parents meeting a few years ago and we discussed if socks would be included with the uniform for at least 30 minutes lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy