All show and no go.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2011
You sure that wasn't the Thoroughbreds, and do you know the difference? its like TB vs LL... The point of me sharing this was to later expand on the difference as it relates to OP. Harness Horsemen mostly start out at County Fairs, and are driven by the Owner/ trainer. Kinda like rec. & Daddy Ball. Thoroughbreds, owners have to have a jockey hired...kinda like the Elite teams.
Now you are comparing LL to TB, I have coached and watched many LL teams that would smoke your DD's elite TB team. You act like you know everything there is to know about softball,some of those LL players that you feel are so unskilled are twice the players that are on your Elite team, that you keep bringing up. Go back to playing with your horses and leave the softball to people that know what they are talking about and let some of the air out of your big ELITE head, it is starting to block the sun. I know I will pay for my post and I'm fine with that, BUT HOW DARE YOU PUT DOWN THOSE GIRLS THAT PLAY REC. BALL and don't come back with a post saying that you didn't put them down, you did it right here in your own words.Your PREFECT all right, but I wouldn't say it is a circle.NOW I WILL TAKE MY PUNISHMENT AND BE HAPPY TO GET IT!!!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
That reminds me of a girl who is a year older then my dd, when they were in middle school they rode the same bus. Talking about softball the girl says to my dd. "well you are just on a travel team, I am on at team in the MAJOR league" She is a year older then dd and last year in HS had a great view from the bench what the differences between travel and LL really are

LL came up in the context of the OP, with someone who was agreeing with the post. I wish that "Girls Softball" all divisions could end up equal to Event in Harrisburg....and the NPF just as good as the MLB... Hopefully that's what we are all in this for... not going to happen for DD, but maybe for my GDD.

How are you getting paid for your post? Wish I could too !!! What is your opinion on show and go? I think your missing the points.

EP:
"nanotech14" I know I will pay for my post and I'm fine with that

Retraction:
After rereading I mistook you to say you were getting paid for posting. I guess all the Caps just blued my comprehension. But if you want to pay for mine, they are posted freely & with no endorsements. (per the rules of this forum)... But thx for asking. You could like or dislike my video's on u-tube,and even comment more freely.

Last edited:
May 17, 2012
Now you are comparing LL to TB, I have coached and watched many LL teams that would smoke your DD's elite TB team.

I agree in that there are some rec teams that would beat some TB teams. I do not equate TB with talent. There are some girls that play rec because they play other sports and don't have the time to commit to full time TB. There are plenty of TB teams that should be playing rec. Remember anyone with cash can be a tournament team, it has little to do with talent.

Apr 11, 2012
Now Nano....don't forget to go off on the others here who actually think TB players are largely a more talented group than recreational players too...

but I will say that "putting down" lower levels of softball play isn't very nice....but to retaliate and say "my dad can beat up your dad" isn't helping either...and PC...the whole horse racing comparation thingy just didn't work....hey here's an analogy...your post is like your avatar...confusing....your attempt to talk about something as lame as "buggy racing" is kind of funny, because the jockey's can't even get get on the dang horse....and as soon as you said "it's knd of like horse racing", I'm sure everyone's ADD kicked in and read "bla bla bla bla" and skipped to the next post saying "WTH?".....I will say that you did provide an interesting photo / drawing of all the needless crap people have to buy in order to race a horse without actually having to get on the poor dumb animal...too bad horses aren't as smart as dogs, otheriwse they could run by themselves chasing a carrot named "woodie" or something and everyone wouldn't need all that stuff to "buggy race"....

there are lots of reasons that kids play rec level softball....and not everyone has the same plan or skill level, plus it's fun to play and not everyone is trying to get a starting spot on a big class HS team or a college scholarship....now with that being said, I'm going to keep my DD on her TB team because let's be honest....who really plays rec ball...

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I'm not really sorry for any of my post most of the time, but on my last post, I'm sorry for those that had to read it. I'm not sorry for what I have said to PC. This whole thread about all show and no go, IMO is about PC, he just doesn't see it is about parents like him. We all here love our dds, that I'm sure of, but no one else on this site, keeps force feeding us on how great our dd's are except for PC. As far as the TB vs. Rec. thing my dd plays TB and likes to play Rec. during the week with her friends, so I like them both and money and time does play a big part in why some girls only play Rec., but some of those Rec. ball players are really good. And yes I did make the" my dad can beat up your dad like comment" and thanks for calling me out on it Pdiddy, it wasn't very adult like for me to do so, I'm sorry for that Pdiddy and to other posters. I will from now on will just avoid PC.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am not certain how my post about a girl that I was thinking looked good and would be good, erupted into anything but what I intended. (that w/o good mechanics 99% of girls never reach their potential.) (And that you can't tell a book from it's cover.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd