Alabama using the down to it and through it tees? wth?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
bamatee2_zps847df5c2.gif

Now if you're arguing this is a good isolate-type drill, I may be on board, but it sure isn't the "C" swing many advocate here.

May 4, 2012
Just watch the hand path of the pro players. While the tip of their barrel doesn't mimic the path put forth by the tee, their hands do. Like everything else that's a drill, this tee could simply help with the hand path thought. Mountain out of mole hill once again

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Just watch the hand path of the pro players. While the tip of their barrel doesn't mimic the path put forth by the tee, their hands do. Like everything else that's a drill, this tee could simply help with the hand path thought. Mountain out of mole hill once again
Agree.

Click to play:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yes
cutch3_zps7665b46e.gif

The C gifs make the barrel path appear to be a more vertical C, not the tilted C that it really is from a different angle.
Springer_side.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I agree Shawn. short to......... long through

Yes the reality of the drill is short to it and long through. The first part is down due to posture. Posture sets the swing plane. Many years ago I asked the question how short is to short. The arms and hands have to follow the posture, so there is a down portion to the swing. Many see a long, bat drag swing and correct it with a swinging down swing. That is one reason for the aggregated warm up swings where they just swing down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes