Affordable Bats for High school team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2014
Ok I am now the Coach of a Varisty High School team. Honestly, I know NOTHING about Softball bats. I am a baseball guy. This is a really poor school and we pretty much have nothing and no funds. Anything that we need I essentially have to buy out of my own pocket. I am not going to sugar coat it, we are a horrible team. We won 3 games the past 5 years.

The team is made up of mostly fast girls, who are pretty weak, they are however athletic and we do really well in basketball. Most of the girls are shorter. What sort of Bats should I be looking to buy. Can you please provide links as well if you can. Please keep things affordable sub $100 would be best. I realize the bats don't make the team, but we literally have nothing and obviously you need bats for softball.

Thank you.

Jun 24, 2013
This site has good package deals, they will also answer any questions you might have.

SALE: Easton Softball Bats & Baseball Bats; Demarini, Louisville Blemished Bats & Closeouts

If I was in your position I would go to play it again sports or some sort of consignment store and see if they will cut you a good deal on multiple bats or other used equipment.

(Let me know if you need another player, it sounds like my DD would fit right in. She will get you down to no wins before you know it. :))

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Also, call some of the other HS in your area, they might give you some of their bats they don't use. Where are you located?

Feb 15, 2014
I actually did hit up play it again sports. I got a few bats there. But i guess I am looking for something that would be good for game use.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Are there any TB teams in your area? I would contact the coach to see if any of their players have old bats they are no longer using. You might find a great deal on a used bat, or even find a freebie. If you cannot find anything, let me know and I will ship you one of my DD's old bats.

If you have fast girls who are not good hitters, I would concentrate on learning how to bunt, drag bunt and slap. Just put the ball in play and use their speed to make things happen on the base path!

Feb 15, 2014
That's the theory, bunt. I fear drag bunting is too complex for them. Like Even the basics we need to get down.

What size bats should I be looking at. I understand everyone's different but what should I be looking at acquiring.

We are in nc.

Jan 25, 2011
32" to 34" stick to -10 mostly. Contact some local colleges to, NC has a lot o TB teams so contact them to.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I'd think you could get by with maybe 4 bats. 2 in the 32/22 size, one 33/23 and one either in 31 or 34" based on the size of your kids. If you shop around you could probably pick up some decent bats for around 600. A fund raiser or two could cover that pretty easily. Perhaps a sponsership from a local business or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole