A very outmatched townball team facing a stacked deck "Townball" team with travelers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

A very outmatched townball team facing a stacked deck "Townball" team with travelers

:mad: Ok here I go some of this is venting but also I need help. This is my third season as Head Coach/Manager for a Townball team 12u. Great Girls great attitudes but overall not a talented team also i have 4 first year players. Opening day the League schedules us to play a Uniform scrimich against a team just to be apart of opening day but our Regional League dont start till this week. We faced a team that all of them looked to be double our size and too old to play. This team was compiled of Travel ball players and All-stars from the past few years. After talking to the coach and telling him. This is a scrimmige so im giving all player who want to pitch a chance in this game. Roster switches all that. They DESTROY us 21-0 they stole on every chance they could. My players were in tears. I get losing is tough but DAMN! I have never been beat this bad..lol I think there was a moment I cried ...lol I am SO tired of Travel teams using Townball for there practices. "Congrats you have a travel team in TownBall tournament heres your trophy" It truly seemed classless. Mabey im wrong. I am happy to be this years All-Star coach a big honor, but this made me feel like I didnt get my town girls ready Can I Do IT! How do I keep it fun and Motvating for all us knowing we gunna lose alot this year in town ball. Any suggestions to me a new All-Star coach as well..... i know All-Star parents are a different breed! lmao Thank you everyone for your time

Well I am sorry to see this happen but there are a couple things you can do in the future. If this is truly a scrimmage at your park then you set the rules our pre-opening day tournament we had travel teams come play...we had a 5 run rule limit which will help this situation a little. We also had a 60 min (finish inning) time limit which limits playing time but also keeps things moving and help prevent this. We also have mercy rule 10 runs after 3 to again help this situation. I am just saying there are things you can do to prevent this from happening.

Now on the other hand I have taken my rec team to Travel/Select tournaments and we know what we are in if for we have to get three out every inning and if we get beat 20-0 we just take our lumps and move on and have on occasion dished out this type of beating (only when stupid tie breaking rules force your hand).

Now to the %&@$&^*@$%& that is the other coach, you just have to let it go, if he feels that his team has some how accomplished something by taking his Travel team to a rec league opening day scrimmage and crushing them 21-0 well that is just the way things go.....hopefully after the first inning or 10-0 when it was obvious what was going on he would have put his #3 pitcher in and stopped stealing (at least home) and after about 8 or 9 runs in an inning a step off or two might not have been out of order.

May 17, 2012
Make it a controlled scrimmage vs a regular scrimmage. All batters bat every inning and you can dictate the scenarios (first inning runner starts on first, next inning runners start at first and second, etc.).

It gives you a chance to work on different game scenarios and you don't even need to keep score.

Mar 28, 2013
Where we are there are two levels of town ball rec. A high and a low (clever right?). The high rec teams are only allowed to have 2 travel ball or select players per team. If you are on a travel or select team you must play in the high rec division. Wow! Seems pretty simple to keep teams from playing down and beating up lesser competition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi