A Little Scared for my Daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

medicpelle

You are looking live.....
Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
Yeah I would probably stay away from my experience since you have no clue what it is sir. That might save you from some embarrassment later on. Congratulations my friend you found a handful of players, common sense tells anyone that its the minority that wear them in college and not just D-1. I'll explain this to you like your a two year old... Anyone who believes throwing a mask on anyone at any position as the cure for preventing injury is an idiot. Since we are at it why not throw on a chest protector since injuries and death do occur from blunt force trauma to the chest. Oh but wait there is under garment wear that is padded to protect your chest from such an impact. Go head and look that up while your researching sir. Masks have there place at all levels from 6u-college and pro baseball for that matter. Go watch a girl that has been wearing a face mask for an extended period of time and have her try and field with it off. Her mechanics break down because she is scared to death. No this is not always the case but in my experience I have found this to be pretty accurate in a lot of circumstances. I have known of girls that could not play in college because they were afraid to wear a mask due to ridicule from others cause nobody on the team wore them and the staff makes fun of them and that player becomes a shell of her self with out the mask. The foundation for personnel protection is understanding and knowing your position and all the training that goes into it. So If I give you a set of bunker gear and a SCBA does that make you a firefighter? No, you have to train and practice. No difference here. I can go on and on but I am obviously beating a dead horse. As far as your 12u comment might want to look a little further as that team has played 14-18u last year.

Jan 25, 2011
Okay, first of all. I don't care who you are or who think you are. Never in my post did I say not to practice. I'm so sick of people like you, you think because you throw the word elite into your team name , that makes you the gods of softball. Pal you have no idea who I'm either so that makes us even. You remind me of the big tough guys that talk how tuff you are and you don't need a mask and then go pitch batting practice behind a net. That's you isn't it? be a man and don't use the screen. I have heard about those evo shield shirts my dd wears on for the last 3 years. By the way my dd wears a lacross helmet from having brain surgery so I have seen coaches like you laugh because of it. I have been really understanding of these dim witted coaches, but because you now have pissed me off the next coach that does it will wet his pants when I step up to him. Hopefully it is you because you sound like a little man. Go ahead moderators and give me a time out or kick off for awhile. Because I'm sick of these little worthless coaches with their little man syndrome. By the way just because you play up doesn't mean anything, you more then likely play teams at 18u that couldn't compete in a 12u rec team. So big friggin deal. Mr. Elite

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Anyone who believes throwing a mask on anyone at any position as the cure for preventing injury is an idiot.

Wow. Thanks for educating us, Mr. Expert. And we all thought that the facemask was the lone solution. It never occurred to us that she might need to work on fundamentals and mechanics as well. Thanks so much for your valuable contribution, including the firefighter analogy which was spot on.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Medicpelle-

that is pretty big talk (and demeaning talk) for a coach of 12UB team that had a losing record against USSSA A level competition last season. If you are going to make blanket statements about idiocy at least make sure that awesome coaching you are claiming is producing good teams.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
To the OP, definitely work with her on her footwork and how she positions herself to receive the ball. Lot and lots of grounder practice at 3B so she gets very comfortable with the position. That being said, ground balls will occasionally take bad hops and/or she will occasionally misjudge the ball so its critical IMO that she wears a fielding mask. Not to scare you but last year DD's former D1 PC was playing third base on a men's softball team and a hard hit grounder took a bad hop to her face. Broken jaw and wired mouth shut for several weeks.

And then last Saturday, DD pitching and took a line drive to the stomach, had no time to react to get her glove up to protect herself. Knocked the wind out of her, left red welts marks on her belly, and she had to leave the game (proud of her for coming back to the circle the next inning). Had that line drive hit her in the ribs or face, god knows what kind of damage she would have sustained. This is reason she will not play any infield position without a mask. Parents and players need to understand how hard a softball is and how fast the ball exits off of these high-tech composite bats.

Oct 10, 2011
Dfp

Medicpelle-

that is pretty big talk (and demeaning talk) for a coach of 12UB team that had a losing record against USSSA A level competition last season.
Can you imagine what would happen if he played the DFP team? It'd be a massacre! He only has Elite in his name. ..

medicpelle

Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
You're an idiot. Did I say anything about your post or your experience? No. If you did not say anything like that then whats your problem? If you agree with me about practicing the positions why is your lace panties all wadded up? I have an opinion and I shared it. How does that make me a proclaimed God of softball? Where you able to follow my post OK? Maybe you should go back and reread what was posted. Please reflect back to me where I stated nobody needs a mask or should not wear one? Go look on the Facebook page genius most of my players that play the corners wear them. So that's two invalid points you have shared with everyone showing your ignorance and failure to read, comprehend, and retain. Would you like me to continue to poke holes in your fabricated post? So now you think you personally know me? You thought you personally knew my experience which you didn't. Really? I would laugh huh? Maybe, but not at her. Most likely at her idiot parent in the stands spewing out ridiculous statements and passing judgments on everyone. Actually I would probably be laughing so hard in your face I would piss my self. Your the one making threats at people my good man not me. I have no problem calling people idiots in life when they make ridiculous statements. That does not make me a self proclaimed softball god that makes me someone with a back bone who has the intelligence and capability to retort their statements with facts or opinions. Our schedule is on our website for everyone to see so if you find your self in an area we are playing come and introduce your self to me. I'll be the little man most likely wearing a black visor. It should not be that hard to spot me brother. I'm done with you and your inability to coherently have a discussion. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Your an idiot.
It's - You're an idiot, not your. Grammar pet peeve.

Perhaps if you didn't come off like d-bag with your "Let me explain it to you like you are a two year old." type
comments people wouldn't get all up in your grill.

Plenty of folks on here have very reasoned and calmly crafted arguments against wearing face masks that spark reasonable discussion. You however do not seem to be one of those folks.

medicpelle

Feb 11, 2013
Grand Lake Oklahoma
Medicpelle-

that is pretty big talk (and demeaning talk) for a coach of 12UB team that had a losing record against USSSA A level competition last season. If you are going to make blanket statements about idiocy at least make sure that awesome coaching you are claiming is producing good teams.

Congrats on your ability to work a computer your a genius sir. Can you sir please indicate where I said I was an awesome coach?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Congrats on your ability to work a computer your a genius sir. Can you sir please indicate where I said I was an awesome coach?

Look senor Elite. When you say that people who recommend a face mask are idiots or don't know what they are talking about, you imply that you, in contrast, do know what you are talking about. Which then implies that you must have a lot of experience and be a really good coach since the people you are calling idiots have credentials you could only hope of getting and have daughters that have achieved much in the sport at their various levels. When you add the fact that you have a team logo and 45 links to your team in your signature, you further push across the fact that what you have going is some top notch stuff.

Then when you talk about what D1 players do, it implies that the aforementioned org must have put some really great kids at top notch schools and you team must be the best in the region. So add all that up and you can see why I was curious enough to look you up to see what those credentials you mentioned were and you can imagine my disappointment that your team is average, your org has a pipeline to schools I have never heard of and you are a windbag.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez