8u Pre game Warm up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2013
I coach my daughters 6-7U rec team full time, moving to 8U semi tb this winter. I have/had some of the greatest parents of all time. After the dynamic warm-up, I break the team up into 3 stages...1) throwing 2) front toss (5-8 swings) 3) side toss into a net (10 swings). I get the parents involved chasing down balls, keeping girls in order, moving them to the next station etc... Great help. Our coaches were able to coach the stations. After that we make two quick lines for grounders and catching. Get the parents involved and keeping them involved will go a long way. We had this down to 30 minute warm-ups.

Sep 17, 2009
When they are young pregames are the best way to "steal" an extra practice. That's the way I always looked at it. 8U may be more rec ball, where you'll have to reinforce some basic skills so kids have success and don't get hurt in games. But once you reach travel I would use the time to really burn in necessary skills. Kids don't really need a "warmup" to play a game. Especially a game where after they warmup there's a chance they'll spend a bunch of time sitting on a bunch or standing waiting to get in or make a play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad