28 Days til HS try-outs and...........

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
there is over 1' of snow on the ground, ice everywhere, and its going to be about 10-degrees this weekend !! It seems like we cant break this cold to get a melt down like we have in the past.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sep 29, 2014
Only a 1' lucky you. 6 weeks to go for us going to the cages once or twice a week, softball field is on back side of school so can't tell but baseball field is probably under two feet of snow. If it is not for work I don't know why people live here (CT), I will admit it is beautiful for 4 or 5 months but then not so much after that...I left San Antonio where we had pool parties (yes we heated the pool) in December, you could be outside 365 days a year (granted you don't want to be out for very long in August)

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Atleast you know when tryouts are. My DD's school a consistent loser in softball has yet to make an announcement about when the meeting will be for tryouts. Luckily this is only MS ball. Hopefully we don't lose 26-0 again this year. But we did have 1 hit in every game lol.

Feb 12, 2014
Only a 1' lucky you. 6 weeks to go for us going to the cages once or twice a week, softball field is on back side of school so can't tell but baseball field is probably under two feet of snow. If it is not for work I don't know why people live here (CT), I will admit it is beautiful for 4 or 5 months but then not so much after that...I left San Antonio where we had pool parties (yes we heated the pool) in December, you could be outside 365 days a year (granted you don't want to be out for very long in August)

I am on the other side of the Sound - this weather SUCKS, DD is keeping busy with school workouts (2x a week), TB workouts (2X a week) and her individual cage work but nothing like being outside !

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Yep...hoping the snow melts in time for March 9th tryouts here on Long Island but even if it does they have to fix and groom all the fields for all the sports so it doesn't look good right now!! So looks like indoor practices for the 1st week or two with different time slots everyday but you make the most out of it and also do whiteboard practices

Apr 25, 2010
Tryouts here in Ohio start on the 23rd. Not allowed to have any real team activity until then. We are buried under a layer of ice over top of about 8" of snow. And it's supposed to stay COLD for the foreseeable future. Nothing like trying out for the softball team in the gym. Oh, and rumor has it, they finally found our girls a coach. What a cluster.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
HS tryouts for DD are Feb. 22nd. There's still about 8" out there and we're expecting another 2-4" every day until it breaks next Monday. They're also talking highs in the low to upper teens so there's no chance of any melting going on for a while yet. I'm assuming it will be just like years past where the tryouts, first few weeks of practice and the first couple of scrimmages will be held inside.

Feb 12, 2014
Yep...hoping the snow melts in time for March 9th tryouts here on Long Island but even if it does they have to fix and groom all the fields for all the sports so it doesn't look good right now!! So looks like indoor practices for the 1st week or two with different time slots everyday but you make the most out of it and also do whiteboard practices

I can see try-outs being done inside and the first week of scrimmages being cancelled. We wild be luck to start playing outside by March 23,2015

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1