2019 court rulings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2016
Yes, my post was in response to the suggestion that this is going to result in a wave of scammers. And I'd never say nobody, ever, anywhere would try this. There's always at least one person who will try to cheat the system. But I strongly object to the implication that we're on the verge of having a bunch of teenage boys just decide they want to win a bunch of awards and championships in girls sports.

Deal with many teenage boys? Know many who would be willing to undergo the sometimes lifelong trauma that simply identifying as transgender causes just so they can beat girls in a 100m dash?

I don't think it is about trophies. This does pose a threat to scholarship opportunities. In the article from Connecticut, one girl was eliminated from the Regional Meet, where college coaches attend, because of the two transgenders competing.

Feb 18, 2014
Nah, what you actually said was

You also said

That post was talking about fraud, which is what I was commenting on. You're saying there's going to be rampant fraud. Someone else posted about the fraud at the 2000 Paralympic Games, and to that my response is this: Yeah, they did that, and they got caught and punished.

Anyway, I strongly suggest you do some reading on biological (born) sex before commenting further. It's clear you think this is a simple M or F situation, and it's not. The science doesn't support that belief.
No they did not "get caught", one of the 10 was an investigative reporter who outed them. It was an act done by the country and its officials.
And if you are privy to the science behind transgenderism, please, share it.

Feb 18, 2014
Deal with many teenage boys? Know many who would be willing to undergo the sometimes lifelong trauma that simply identifying as transgender causes just so they can beat girls in a 100m dash?
Yes, unfortunately i do. I worked for years at a group home for Male juvenile sex offenders. Ive dealt with just about the worst of the worst. So yes, i have worked with teenage boys that would do anything to get access to a female locker room. The 100m dash is not what they would be after.

Mar 13, 2010
The Connietcut case is different as well isn’t hat there is no requirement for boys to take hormones. They just declare themselves trans and they compete against girls.

I’m not a fan of it. The difference between male bodied and female bodied people is just too stark Lowering testosterone does not change that difference. Female sports needs to be protected.

male sports should be the sport that is opened up. Not female sports. We’ve fought so hard for a place to compete and it shouldn’t be taken from any female.

May 29, 2015
Re: the freedom of speech case ...

I guess there is a reason that I am not a great legal mind, as I really disagree with that ruling. Nobody told the girl that she couldn’t say “**** my cheerleading team, **** the school” ... they told her that she couldn’t remain a part of the team if she was going to act like that.

If I went online and posted “**** my boss, **** my department, **** my employer” I don’t think I would have a reasonable expectation of continuing to work there.

I also think that this ruling is at extreme odds with the ruling that says interscholastic sports are a privilege, not a right. By telling the school they HAVE to keep her on the team, you have turned interscholastic sports into a right.

As for the argument that it happened away from school, I don’t think that would hold any water if she made threats against the school or team. When she posted about the school and team, she specifically made it about the school and the team.

Aug 21, 2008
Coach, I am not trying to dispute or dismiss transgender in terms to how they want to live their life!

But when they want to identify as transgender and compete in sports they aren’t biologically born into, in this case men competing against women, it is unfair and should never be allowed.

you telling me that mike Tyson, if he were to say he is transgender, should be allowed to fight Laila Ali? The answer is simply that should never be allowed. Also, at the end of the day while protecting women’s sports let’s not forget we need to protect women. Just because a man says they are transgender does not mean they are saying they are not sexually attracted to women. Let’s not put women in harms way just to appease a minority of men who want to be labeled transgender.

This would solve one of the great sports debates of all time: who'd win between Ali and Tyson. ha ha.

This subject came up YEARS ago when a boy's team entered the little league softball league somewhere. Arizona maybe? I don't know. Anyway, they were bigger stronger and crushed these girls. The conditions were not safe. It may have actually been a slow pitch softball league or tournament since the girl's pitchers couldn't hold the boys down. Anyway, it was brought up on a message board a long time ago and I asked, completely tongue in cheek, what would stop me from declaring myself eligible and contacting Mike Candrea about having 4 years of eligibility and getting a scholarship?? An anonymous poster replied "hopefully your pride would stop you". I found that hysterical.

I'm actually surprised that a college has not pushed the limits and got an 18 year old male from New Zealand to pitch. There's too many crazy people out there for this to not have been at least tried. If girls are playing football and wrestling, they would probably have to let a boy play softball, no?

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles