2019 court rulings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 28, 2019
Seems like there needs to be a 3rd category Tran's, Men's, Women's or as part of your annual physical they measure testosterone levels and separate by testosterone levels. Like weight classes in boxing?

Or be ok that 51 year old college basketball players is the new normal.

Jun 6, 2018
Can you please link me to a single instance of this happening? Or even almost happening? Or even a story about a parent considering doingt his?

The Soule v. Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference will be an interesting one to watch (transgendered girls being allowed to compete in girl's sports).

Has not happened, but this court's ruling, if it were to allow it, would be hugely detrimental to women sports. That is what I am making comment on. Essentially saying the court ruling better rule that a person's born sex is the determining factor in what sports they are eligible to participate and that males can not compete in female sports simply by identifying as transgendered.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
The Connecticut case is what the suit is based on. I think what CoachJD is saying is that nobody is going to declare themselves transgendered just to win some trophies. The argument they're making is interesting because it focuses on the Title IX rights of the cisgendered girls to have equal access, and competing against transgendered girls puts them at a disadvantage (as opposed to arguing that participation should be limited for transgendered students).

Yes, my post was in response to the suggestion that this is going to result in a wave of scammers. And I'd never say nobody, ever, anywhere would try this. There's always at least one person who will try to cheat the system. But I strongly object to the implication that we're on the verge of having a bunch of teenage boys just decide they want to win a bunch of awards and championships in girls sports.

Deal with many teenage boys? Know many who would be willing to undergo the sometimes lifelong trauma that simply identifying as transgender causes just so they can beat girls in a 100m dash?

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Has not happened, but this court's ruling, if it were to allow it, would be hugely detrimental to women sports. That is what I am making comment on. Essentially saying the court ruling better rule that a person's born sex is the determining factor in what sports they are eligible to participate and that males can not compete in female sports simply by identifying as transgendered.

Nah, what you actually said was
athletic boy can't compete on boys stage so label yourself "transgender" and compete on girls stage with a sizable advantage.

You also said
son your not going to get a mens scholarship in soccer so go play on the girls team as transgender and take a scholarship away from the girls because you can play better then them.

That post was talking about fraud, which is what I was commenting on. You're saying there's going to be rampant fraud. Someone else posted about the fraud at the 2000 Paralympic Games, and to that my response is this: Yeah, they did that, and they got caught and punished.

Anyway, I strongly suggest you do some reading on biological (born) sex before commenting further. It's clear you think this is a simple M or F situation, and it's not. The science doesn't support that belief.

Aug 2, 2019

You also said

That post was talking about fraud, which is what I was commenting on. You're saying there's going to be rampant fraud. Someone else posted about the fraud at the 2000 Paralympic Games, and to that my response is this: Yeah, they did that, and they got caught and punished.

Anyway, I strongly suggest you do some reading on biological (born) sex before commenting further. It's clear you think this is a simple M or F situation, and it's not. The science doesn't support that belief.
I am just going to agree to disagree, Coach.
I’ll just make the statement that I hope none of our daughters miss out on an opportunity because someone has decided that they are only a man on the outside.

Jun 6, 2018

Coach, I am not trying to dispute or dismiss transgender in terms to how they want to live their life!

But when they want to identify as transgender and compete in sports they aren’t biologically born into, in this case men competing against women, it is unfair and should never be allowed.

you telling me that mike Tyson, if he were to say he is transgender, should be allowed to fight Laila Ali? The answer is simply that should never be allowed. Also, at the end of the day while protecting women’s sports let’s not forget we need to protect women. Just because a man says they are transgender does not mean they are saying they are not sexually attracted to women. Let’s not put women in harms way just to appease a minority of men who want to be labeled transgender.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA

You also said

Don't care if there are 1 or 1000 instances. Should never happen. There are boys and there are girls. A biological rarity should not change the world of sports for millions of athletes.

Pretty sure your in the wrong place to be arguing this nonsense. Isn't their a forum out there for advocates of destroying girls athletics you can join?

Jul 14, 2018
A full discussion of the medical and ethical issues surrounding adolescent gender reassignment is probably beyond the scope of a fastpitch softball message board. While I do agree that born males have a decisive physical advantage over girls, the number of trans people as a whole is in the 1.5 million range (around.5%). That's hardly a number where we can expect a whole team of trans girls to storm through PGF Nationals. An individual sport (like track, where the case is based) is another story, and the authorities in those sports have a thicket to navigate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles