2019 court rulings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Very interesting reading, thanks cvsoftball for sharing.

The Soule v. Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference will be an interesting one to watch (transgendered girls being allowed to compete in girl's sports).

Jun 6, 2018
The Soule v. Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference will be an interesting one to watch (transgendered girls being allowed to compete in girl's sports).

If they do then they jeopardize the bastardization of all female sports! Plain and simple, athletic boy can't compete on boys stage so label yourself "transgender" and compete on girls stage with a sizable advantage.

Not putting it beneath parents to say well son your not going to get a mens scholarship in soccer so go play on the girls team as transgender and take a scholarship away from the girls because you can play better then them.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
If they do then they jeopardize the bastardization of all female sports! Plain and simple, athletic boy can't compete on boys stage so label yourself "transgender" and compete on girls stage with a sizable advantage.

Not putting it beneath parents to say well son your not going to get a mens scholarship in soccer so go play on the girls team as transgender and take a scholarship away from the girls because you can play better then them.

Can you please link me to a single instance of this happening? Or even almost happening? Or even a story about a parent considering doingt his?

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

The freedom of speech case is interesting, and something I'm going to keep in mind. While I don't monitor social media accounts, we do have rules about how public postings on social media can affect participation on the team. We include this more in the context of hazing/bullying/cyber bullying, but still good to know that there could be issues with enforcement if a situation ever arises.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
The freedom of speech case is interesting, and something I'm going to keep in mind. While I don't monitor social media accounts, we do have rules about how public postings on social media can affect participation on the team. We include this more in the context of hazing/bullying/cyber bullying, but still good to know that there could be issues with enforcement if a situation ever arises.
I found several interesting cases, this one included. A few years ago, I was a new to coach to a HS Modified team. One of the players was rather spoiled and didn't like my approcah to practices and games. She ripped me pretty good on Facebook and didn't realize I was on FB. We had a very interesting conversation. :) She turned out to be a very strong player and when I saw her recently, was quite cordial.

Jul 14, 2018
The Doe v. Ladue Horton Watkins High School is interesting as well -- the court held that there is no 'right' to play scholastic sports, upholding the coach's decision to cut a player. That sounds like a "well, duh" decision, but the school didn't allow a kid who didn't make the varsity team to play JV either, so that more younger players could be developed. Not sure that I agree with that philosophy when it comes to school ball, but it definitely empowers coaches to handle players as they see fit.

Aug 2, 2019
Can you please link me to a single instance of this happening? Or even almost happening? Or even a story about a parent considering doingt his?

Jul 14, 2018

The Connecticut case is what the suit is based on. I think what CoachJD is saying is that nobody is going to declare themselves transgendered just to win some trophies. The argument they're making is interesting because it focuses on the Title IX rights of the cisgendered girls to have equal access, and competing against transgendered girls puts them at a disadvantage (as opposed to arguing that participation should be limited for transgendered students).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles