2017 Easton Stealths

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I've got to respectfully disagree with you on this one...it is my subjective opinion that some bats are much better than others. :D

That's fine. I'm just sharing my observations. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I've heard arguments/opinions that have concluded all sorts of different things regarding bats.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know Easton gets a bad rap but my DD used a 2014 Mako 33/23 in the spring and summer of 2015. In my opinion she hit the ball pretty hard with this bat. I'm sure the new Stealth flex's will be just as good as the Mako's. From what I've seen they are still made out of the same material as the Mako's.

You don't see the problem with that statement? Oh, she has a 2014 and I'm sure the 17 will be just as good as its the same stuff.

There is Easton's problem and they don't care about fixing it. They just trot out the same stuff over and over while they are getting beat by all these other bats. Same thing in slowpitch. Then they wonder why they are losing money. They take on Combat, then shut them down and blame Combat for the
company's bottom line. They really do need new blood in their company that wants to push the line. Get Easton off their f'in azzes and WORK at a product that challenges the market. You know darn well what the public wants and sh!t, many years ago they gave a crap about it and made other
bats chase you. Now what do people say, "well, if you want a tank, buy Easton". That's not a great selling point and NOT good enough for me anymore.
When your damn employees (reps) cant even answer questions about why someone should buy an Easton and what is improved this year...YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!
When a customer works to get enough money to buy a bat for their kid or themselves, be able to say you gave them the best you could for their hard earned money!!! Make them PROUD to swing your bat!!!

Screw it, Easton, I am putting my name in the hat for this job!!! :) Man, I had way too many Monsters at my tourney today :)

Feb 17, 2015
USA
You don't see the problem with that statement? Oh, she has a 2014 and I'm sure the 17 will be just as good as its the same stuff.

Actually I don't see a problem with it. While I don't disagree with your statements about Easton the only reason I am advocating Easton is that his DD has to use one because of the team's affiliation with Easton. I'm just trying to help someone out using my DD's experience with the bat.

Dec 11, 2010
Give Steven Anderson the resources that Easton has at their disposal and he will design a bat that performs.

Edited to add: the Mako-9 and Anderson Rocketflex are identical in dimension, weight and balance point. The Mako isn't half the bat the Rocketflex was.

Bet the R&D budget at Anderson Bat Company was juuuuuuuust a bit smaller than Easton's.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I just looked at the bat weight database. The Stealth Retro was within .2 oz of listed weight?

I'm not an Eason guy but what old school Stealth came in that close to advertised weight?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Did anyone else notice that Easton lowered its prices on the new 2017 releases? They are listed at 299.00 instead of the old 350.00 Mako prices. DD's team will be getting in the 2017 bats from all the manufacturers so she's anxious to give them all a test spin.

Feb 7, 2013
Did anyone else notice that Easton lowered its prices on the new 2017 releases? They are listed at 299.00 instead of the old 350.00 Mako prices. DD's team will be getting in the 2017 bats from all the manufacturers so she's anxious to give them all a test spin.

I'm very curious too how they perform as DDs team will also be getting their 2017 Stealths real soon.

Oct 10, 2011
I'm very curious too how they perform as DDs team will also be getting their 2017 Stealths real soon.

Most of DD's college team uses Demarini CF8's but the only one to use a Mako has the highest BA. DD likes the feel of the Mako better but has been using the CF8 because it seems to hit a little bit farther. Her AC is a bat freak also and they'll have all the CF9's, Stealths, and LS's to compare.

JLWINSOCAL

J.W.
Nov 29, 2016
SoCal
Found this this discussion interesting, my 14 year old daughter has been swinging the 2014 Mako -10 since they came out. As a member of an Easton Sponsored team for the last few years she has had access to the Easton bat lines since then and still prefers the 2014 Mako. She will turn 15 in December, is 5'6" and weighs about 160. I purchased a few 33/23 2014 Mako's off of EBAY just to make sure she has access to these bats as long as she continues to prefer them and may purchase a 34/24 also for the future.

Dec 11, 2010
Found this this discussion interesting, my 14 year old daughter has been swinging the 2014 Mako -10 since they came out. As a member of an Easton Sponsored team for the last few years she has had access to the Easton bat lines since then and still prefers the 2014 Mako. She will turn 15 in December, is 5'6" and weighs about 160. I purchased a few 33/23 2014 Mako's off of EBAY just to make sure she has access to these bats as long as she continues to prefer them and may purchase a 34/24 also for the future.

When you find that bat that works for you, roll with it! Sounds like she found a great fit.

The fact that there are bargains to be found is a bonus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619