2017 Easton Stealths

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2015
Talking about the "retro Stealth"...just read and do some research on them...not hard to figure out its nothing new.
Quick reference for bats...if you ever see or hear the words "exclusive", "limited" or anything
along those lines when talking about a bat...you can bet its not anything new. Slowpitch
is the king of "exclusive" bats because of all the smart people that fall for the BS...haha :)

The Flex lines are Eastons next new thing. Already been introduced in slowpitch.
I agree with you for the most part, but sometimes it seems like the re-issues might be legit. Like I said, are they lying about the CNT or if not which CNT composite bat are they repainting?

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I agree with you for the most part, but sometimes it seems like the re-issues might be legit. Like I said, are they lying about the CNT or if not which CNT composite bat are they repainting?
If it is a repaint, and I agree with Core that it probably is, it would be the FS1's which took the place of the Stealth. The FS1 sold miserably with the success of the mako which was an entirely different bat. Neither the original SSR3B, nor the FS1 used the CNT comoosite. They both were IMX composite. The last Easton Stealth to use the CNT composite was the SSR1B, the ugly green one, that was a very underrated bat, IMO.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I did a little research myself this morning and I feel confident in saying the new Stealth is a repaint. I went to the NCAA approved bat list and if you look at the model number, the first column, the Stealth Retro begins as FP16. All of the new Flex models begin with FP17. So, unless this is a typo by the NCAA, this is a repaint.
image.jpg

Aug 5, 2015
I did a little research myself this morning and I feel confident in saying the new Stealth is a repaint. I went to the NCAA approved bat list and if you look at the model number, the first column, the Stealth Retro begins as FP16. All of the new Flex models begin with FP17. So, unless this is a typo by the NCAA, this is a repaint.
What's your logic in deducing the model number proves it's a repaint?

The SSR3B had CNT (see pic from justbats.com). Multiple sites say the Stealth Retro has CNT. So either Easton is lying, or it's not a repaint of a non-CNT bat.
item-ea10-ssr3b-3l.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
What's your logic in deducing the model number proves it's a repaint?

The SSR3B had CNT (see pic from justbats.com). Multiple sites say the Stealth Retro has CNT. So either Easton is lying, or it's not a repaint of a non-CNT bat.
I stand corrected. I did not see that in any description I read. Easton fastpitch bat codes begin with FP and the year model. The Retro is listed as FP16.... I find it odd that Easton did not release an FS1 2016 and now they have the Stealth Retro being released at the same time as the Flex bats which are coded FP17....
Just appears to me Easton knew the FS1's weren't selling and decided to wait a few months, paint it white and purple and try to sell what was left. I don't know that CNT wasn't used in the FS1, might be a good question for Easton.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
People can think what they want...if you think its some great new technology bat or some old bat
Easton brought back into production, more power to you. Have at it. Nobody is stopping you from
buying it. I'm not telling you not to. Whatever floats your boat. Hey, it has "Stealth" on it and its painted
just like the old model. They should be able to move a few units right away just because of that.

Easton people, Don't get offended because some people are of the opinion that its nothing new.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I'd love to hear straight from Easton whether this is a CNT bat or not. If it is, that would be a good reason to look at Easton again after years of LS purchases.

Oct 10, 2011
I'd love to hear straight from Easton whether this is a CNT bat or not. If it is, that would be a good reason to look at Easton again after years of LS purchases.
I just called Easton and they said it absolutely is the exact same bat...same CNT etc...
I guess people will have to decide from that but it certainly wasn't hot out of the wrapper like the newer bats that have been coming out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I doubt if you have been swinging LS or Demar and you like them, that you are looking at many other bats,
especially this "retro" Easton.

Now the Flex line makes me curious to see if Easton is really going to step their game up and
produce a bat that hits anywhere near LS or Demarini out of the wrapper.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I've never had a hotter bat than the black/purple -9 Stealth. If they reissued that bat, exactly as it was? I'd switch back to Easton in a heartbeat.

The warranty replacement FX1 they sent when that bat broke was the reason we switched to LS.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00