2017 Bat Options

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2017
Needing some advice on what bat to get my 12u girl. She was a power hitter on the right side but currently in the transition of switching to left handed batting as well as slapping. Can't decide between Louisville LTX or Zeno? Or the demarini cf9? All input/advice is greatly appreciated!

Jun 19, 2015
My 12U DD likes the CF9 (-11) and is also learning the left side. She had a CF8 last year and says the CF9 feels better. Tried out the LXT, but came back to the Demarini. She likes a balanced feel, so the Xeno was not an option.

Watching her workouts, the ball really seems to jump off the CF9. Don't think the bat really matters working on the right or left, mine is doing the same and has no issues with drag bunts and slaps.

Apr 26, 2015
My DD is 13 - always batted/slapped left. She is on her 3rd LXT and loves it. We bought her a CF8 and she thought she liked it better for a couple months, but has since gone back to her LXT.

Jun 19, 2016
Personally, I wouldn't turn a good power hitter into a slapper....But it that is your intent I would get one of those CF8 slapper models. I have seen some sales on them.

Mar 4, 2017
It was a debate we had but ultimately I feel she's a decent power hitter right now because she's more advanced then most girls on her team. but as we continue these AAU games and the other girls are catching up she's becoming a more average hitter. Last year we worked on left handed hitting and slapping which she was getting but of course we had the bad at bats and I think that really got to her. So I told her this year she needs to commit to one or the other and focus on that. Her speed and knowledge of picking apart a defensive is a big part in why I want her to go left but I want her to be a triple threat lefty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes