2015 Mako Arrived

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We can laugh about the price tag, but the fact of the matter is Easton can put a rediculous price tag on the bat because this kind of market will pay it.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
After reading your post, I weighed my DD's brand new in the wrapper 2014 Easton FS1 33/23 (it was a warranty replacement bat that she decided that she wanted to sell to get a Xeno). It weighs 24.5 ounces!!!! In comparison, her new 2015 Xeno 33/24 is spot on at 24 ounces. Weird!!!

Oct 10, 2011
Mako

We took it out and put about 100 hits on it. Unlike her-10 Mako which was really hot out of the wrapper. .. Her first swing was a Homerun... This one feels like a wood bat. Maybe because it's heavier it needs more break in time.

Dec 11, 2010
Have been waiting to hear about this bat. Keep reporting on it! The only Mako I saw around seemed to take awhile to open up but once it did it looked hot. It was -10 but did not look hot out of the gate.

Oct 10, 2011
bat

Have been waiting to hear about this bat. Keep reporting on it! The only Mako I saw around seemed to take awhile to open up but once it did it looked hot. It was -10 but did not look hot out of the gate.
I took it out tonight and put about 75 more hard hits on it and I could really feel the difference. The balls seemed to be going about 10-20 feet farther by the end then yesterday with 3 going about as far as her webbed up-10 Mako. DD will get some more on it tomorrow.

Oct 10, 2011
bats

Ours still feels like a log to me. Dd doesn't touch it and I just use it for fungo.
I think it's funny how people feel about their bats. DD'S team this past summer switched from mostly Xenos to Makos by the end of the season. Now last night a parent told me her DD didn't like her Mako at all and only used her Xeno. This girl let another girl borrow it later in practice and she hit some bombs. She yelled, I want this bat!

Dec 7, 2011
I think it's funny how people feel about their bats. DD'S team this past summer switched from mostly Xenos to Makos by the end of the season. Now last night a parent told me her DD didn't like her Mako at all and only used her Xeno. This girl let another girl borrow it later in practice and she hit some bombs. She yelled, I want this bat!

Circling back to my position on bats - putting aside break in and break down periods of a bat - Batting performance from a TB player is 100 percent the result of how confident they feel with the bat in their hand.

Therefore for the best batting results ALWAYS have DD swing what SHE feels is the most awesome bat in the world.

Oct 10, 2011
true

Circling back to my position on bats - putting aside break in and break down periods of a bat - Batting performance from a TB player is 100 percent the result of how confident they feel with the bat in their hand.

Therefore for the best batting results ALWAYS have DD swing what SHE feels is the most awesome bat in the world.
Very true!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

You know how many bats we have IML. IMO it is the least exciting of all of them. The srv, scn, cf6, xeno, and lxt all feel more springy. I think it is a quality thing with just this one particular bat. I thought it needed some break in like the srvs', but it just isn't getting there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez