2015 Mako Arrived

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I HATE this escalation of techno-gimmicks in bats as what this is doing in effect is increasing the "needed" expenditures in SB.

Honestly, the expensive bats arent driving up costs...nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything nor telling you what you have to spend on a bat.

But very nice post otherwise RB

Oct 10, 2011
Plus. .

Funny how Easton might be looking for their next reliability challenge with another "moving mechanism" incorporated into a bat. (I originally typed "marketing blunder" above instead of "reliability challenge" but then remembered that we sheeple kept buying an ultra-expensive Xeno even when all the reports were coming in saying they self-destruct..... Of course I need to include myself into the word "sheeple" because even though I never bought into the Xeno I DID buy into the 2-piece bat before that and there is a similar argument there....)

Let's think about this for a second. We are going to incorporate another seperate handle piece (again not unique we know as 2-piece bats are the "norm") but now we are going to add a bearing interface so the end of the bat can rotate freely from the handle. This is on a BAT let me remind us all that needs to take abuse like not many things in life. Then it can be assumed that with the extra weight of this "bearing assembly" that to keep the overall weight down they have skimped in other areas. THEN remember that bats are used on softball fields that have this thing called dirt and debris and I would bet fair sums of money that it wouldn't take long before the free-rotation of the bearing tightens up.

I HATE this escalation of techno-gimmicks in bats as what this is doing in effect is increasing the "needed" expenditures in SB, therefore making it more and more out of reach for those who have less funds to apply to the sport. SB is in serious need of a "One-Design" for bats to match the already mandated "One-performance" (the max bounce off the bat). Then it comes down to what Sally thinks is the best paint job on the bat to make her hit better which IS the way it is now anyways but we, the sheeple, don't acknowledge it, and keep on opening our wallets to the marketing gods that run our lives.....

Rant done.
Plus, I think it takes batteries:cool:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lithium Max Ion Heavy Duty Rechargeable Double Life...25 bucks a pack :)

I was not impressed with the pop when using those ^^

You HAVE to use the Lithium Double-Max Ion Triple-X "Money Shot" Half-Life batteries. They're amazing!! For best results, a fresh set should be installed no more than 3 minutes before every at-bat. We're currently dropping about $200 per game in batteries. DW and I will adjust our battery budget upwards for when Sally moves up to play with the big girls in 8U next year. We'll probably have to take out a 2nd on the house, but it's worth it for the amazing pop we're seeing.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I was not impressed with the pop when using those ^^

You HAVE to use the Lithium Double-Max Ion Triple-X "Money Shot" Half-Life batteries. They're amazing!! For best results, a fresh set should be installed no more than 3 minutes before every at-bat. We're currently dropping about $200 per game in batteries. DW and I will adjust our battery budget upwards for when Sally moves up to play with the big girls in 8U next year. We'll probably have to take out a 2nd on the house, but it's worth it for the amazing pop we're seeing.

My battery budget is smaller...I cant afford the good stuff...haha

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
It might be worth it if it came with a remote control that sent a shock thru the handle. Swing at a high pitch, shock.

I would buy that in an instant. Tomahawk a swing? *ZAP!* Act like the bat is a 9-iron & try to hit one off the ground? *ZAP!*

Does that make me a bad parent? :)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
At least for me, it does not make me a bad parent because every player on the Team would swing the bat.

Bad coach maybe, I can live with that. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619