2015 Mako Arrived

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Torq

I'm really going to have to get a TON of feedback on the Torque before I'll even remotely buy in. Just seems so gimmicky to me .... so gimmicky that none of my 12U girls are even slightly interested in it.
I've only talked to one person that took some swings on it and they said it just felt too weird.

Oct 10, 2011
swings

She just got done doing about a hundred "MIRROR" swings and said she doesn't want me to exchange it. ..I hope it's fine against the pitching she'll see.

Oct 10, 2011
Just got off the phone with Easton and they said their "tolerance" is 1.5 oz but would accept an exchange but we can use it awhile to see if she likes it.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
What changes were made between the mako and torque to justify that kind of a price?

Was that a serious question...haha? Does any bat really justify a 450 price tag?

Yes, its an honest question... why on earth is a softball bat costing $450 when the industry standard doesn't typically exceed $300?
When the LXT was originally listed at $350 I thought it was a bold move. But $450 just because the handle rotates? What's the advantage to a rotational handle? Seems to me like its just an additional connection that could possibly break. JMHO

Dec 7, 2011
Funny how Easton might be looking for their next reliability challenge with another "moving mechanism" incorporated into a bat. (I originally typed "marketing blunder" above instead of "reliability challenge" but then remembered that we sheeple kept buying an ultra-expensive Xeno even when all the reports were coming in saying they self-destruct..... Of course I need to include myself into the word "sheeple" because even though I never bought into the Xeno I DID buy into the 2-piece bat before that and there is a similar argument there....)

Let's think about this for a second. We are going to incorporate another seperate handle piece (again not unique we know as 2-piece bats are the "norm") but now we are going to add a bearing interface so the end of the bat can rotate freely from the handle. This is on a BAT let me remind us all that needs to take abuse like not many things in life. Then it can be assumed that with the extra weight of this "bearing assembly" that to keep the overall weight down they have skimped in other areas. THEN remember that bats are used on softball fields that have this thing called dirt and debris and I would bet fair sums of money that it wouldn't take long before the free-rotation of the bearing tightens up.

I HATE this escalation of techno-gimmicks in bats as what this is doing in effect is increasing the "needed" expenditures in SB, therefore making it more and more out of reach for those who have less funds to apply to the sport. SB is in serious need of a "One-Design" for bats to match the already mandated "One-performance" (the max bounce off the bat). Then it comes down to what Sally thinks is the best paint job on the bat to make her hit better which IS the way it is now anyways but we, the sheeple, don't acknowledge it, and keep on opening our wallets to the marketing gods that run our lives.....

Rant done.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes, its an honest question... why on earth is a softball bat costing $450 when the industry standard doesn't typically exceed $300?
When the LXT was originally listed at $350 I thought it was a bold move. But $450 just because the handle rotates? What's the advantage to a rotational handle? Seems to me like its just an additional connection that could possibly break. JMHO

That was sarcasm when I asked you. I was implying no bat is worth a 450 price tag no matter wth the gimmick is. Its not like the bat is gonna outhit the others by 100 bucks worth.

Btw, Easton was the first to break the 300 barrier and price a bat at 350. They tried it in slowpitch a while ago before they moved to fastpitch. I still think 350 is too much

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez