2014 Worth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
DD swung the 2 Legit at the Mary Nutter tourney a couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot - "smooth" was her word for it. I'm wary to give it a go, though, as my older son didn't have good luck with the durability of Worth bats. Awesome pop and performance though, until they cracked at the end cap, which took about a month. Three strikes, you're out. :(

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Isn't it kind of a copy of the LXT except the "4th piece" is actually just the layers of composite in the barrel?

If it is a copy of the LXT, "smooth" would be a very good description.

Not layers....its what they call a double wall. In all honesty, is the concept the same...its close. In the LXT the cap goes down into the barrel that contains the discs. So the outside wall hits and compresses on this disc cap. With Worth, they call it a second wall.
Are there probably some little differences like the cuff and other things...sure. But I believe the "concept" is close.

I'm sure someone will probably read all the specs off a website with all the fancy words...but I'm not fancy...haha

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
If only free bats were so easy :)

You never know ! :)

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad plan for them to get back in the market. Volunteer their product on a limited and planned basis, let it prove itself and be seen by the eyes of the buyers in the field, then sit back and enjoy the sales. A good product doesn't need a whole lot of marketing print and hype. If it works, people will buy it.

Dec 19, 2012
I'm watching Oklahoma vs Bradley tonight. OU uses Worth bats. The players were using everything from the Worth Toxic double wall (outer wall is metal) to the 2Legit. The 2Legit's have the only home runs in the game so far with the wind blowing in from center field.....and they sound awesome compared to the other bats.

My dd's second favorite bat ever was the Worth Toxic with the metal barrel. She uses it now as her cage bat. It still has tons of pop in it, but the paint chips easily on the metal barrel. Even though her main bat is an Easton Synergy SCN1B, I am seripusly considering getting her another bat. It will be between the LXT, Mako, and the 2Legit.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You never know ! :)

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad plan for them to get back in the market. Volunteer their product on a limited and planned basis, let it prove itself and be seen by the eyes of the buyers in the field, then sit back and enjoy the sales. A good product doesn't need a whole lot of marketing print and hype. If it works, people will buy it.

They do...they offer the same 30 day offer as LS does for their LXT. What more can they do really besides giving you the option of returning the bat if you don't like it.

They do...they offer the same 30 day offer as LS does for their LXT. What more can they do really besides giving you the option of returning the bat if you don't like it.
Louisville Slugger almost had to this with the LXT. Although it is a very different bat, it is considered by many as the "replacement" for the OneX and I'm afraid it may not get too far off the ground because of that unfortunate association. It has that stain on it even though people who think it don't know what they're talking about.

That's too bad, because the LXT is a helluva bat.

Perhaps Worth has finally done something "Worthwhile" with this new model. I just know they have a hard row to hoe with girls 14U and below.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207