2 kids 1 injured Im AC for injured kids team What to do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Thanks Everyone for the input. My role is much more than calling out the line up and making sure the kids have water, I coach first and call pitches, among other things. I did know about DD's games before making the commitment to coach the boys and that was a trade off I was and am willing to make. The reason I started questioning wether to go on the trip or not was that the other AC's were suggesting that I should stay back or at least they would if they were in my situation. I have always put the team first being at every practice game or team function even if DS was not there. As far as loosing the AC position I dont think it would come to that, I have been with this HC for the last 6 years and we are friends off the field. My first though and the one that I keep coming back to is that I made a commitment to the team and that not going on the trip would send the wrong message that I think kids get far too often and that is if there is nothing in it for me its not worth it. To that I say even if DS is not on the field there is not much better than to see a kid that is struggling battle in the box and get his first double or the Uber emotional kid knock out his 1st HR. Plus it wont be long before these days have passed me by and both kids have moved on to bigger and better things. Just wanted to thank you all for your views. Ill let you all know how they did on the trip when I get back.

PTC

Thanks Everyone for the input. My role is much more than calling out the line up and making sure the kids have water, I coach first and call pitches, among other things. I did know about DD's games before making the commitment to coach the boys and that was a trade off I was and am willing to make. The reason I started questioning wether to go on the trip or not was that the other AC's were suggesting that I should stay back or at least they would if they were in my situation. I have always put the team first being at every practice game or team function even if DS was not there. As far as loosing the AC position I dont think it would come to that, I have been with this HC for the last 6 years and we are friends off the field. My first though and the one that I keep coming back to is that I made a commitment to the team and that not going on the trip would send the wrong message that I think kids get far too often and that is if there is nothing in it for me its not worth it. To that I say even if DS is not on the field there is not much better than to see a kid that is struggling battle in the box and get his first double or the Uber emotional kid knock out his 1st HR. Plus it wont be long before these days have passed me by and both kids have moved on to bigger and better things. Just wanted to thank you all for your views. Ill let you all know how they did on the trip when I get back.

PTC

I know it's hard having two kids doing sports, it was really hard on one of our dads who coached his youngest but had an older daughter that he did not see much because he was always coaching other daughter. As luck would have it All Star team his youngest made has tons of coaches but oldest daughter team is short so now he gets to spend time with oldest.

Good Luck to both of yours this weekend....

Just a follow up on my situation. This past weekend was the out of town tourney for the boys and as I said I would I went with the boys vs staying home and watching DD play. Good thing too. Weather at home was terrible both Friday and Saturday. Friday they started 8 am and only got the first inning in they were up 2-0 when the first lightning delay, the game never resumed and pool games were canceled. Weird thing was that the team they were up on ended up getting a bye in the first round of bracket play and DDs team had to face the team they lost to in the previous tourney championship game, DDs team lost. So into losers bracket on sunday. DD pitched first game Sunday with an 11-1 complete game win. Next game DDs team wins but due to weather they ended up winning consolation bracket never getting a chance to get back to winners bracket due to weather. Bummer.

The boys did pretty well, We are not the strongest, deepest or fastest team in our area so we usually take a pretty good beating especially when traveling south. We lost the first game 8-5 as always 1 big inning that we could not come back from. Second game we win in 4 innings 13-3. So we get a 2 seed. Nice except we loose the first game and then the rest of tourney is canceled do to weather. So Mother nature strikes again. Oh well what are you gonna do. Had a great time in St. Louis with the boys and DW and DD had some quality time together. DW is starting to enjoy SB, big change from previous years. Over all good weekend.

PTC

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Thanks for the update PTC. Hope DS's recovery is progressing well. Good luck to the entire family and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors