12YO DD Help (Updated 13yo now)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
She’s now 13 first year of JV. Load is still not good, head gets behind belly button and never recovers. She’s been popping up a bunch as a result of this. Drag is better, barrel not dropping as much. She’s way stronger than she was a year ago which I think has helped with barrel control. She’s still always early which I’m hesitant to mess with since she will face better velocity as she gets older. Wife took this vid the other day. Feedback welcomed!

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
She’s now 13 first year of JV. Load is still not good, head gets behind belly button and never recovers. She’s been popping up a bunch as a result of this. Drag is better, barrel not dropping as much. She’s way stronger than she was a year ago which I think has helped with barrel control. She’s still always early which I’m hesitant to mess with since she will face better velocity as she gets older. Wife took this vid the other day. Feedback welcomed!

She moved out pretty well for a changeup.. I would have her start aiming for the top/half of the ball which should help her barrel path.

I6kTszw.gif

Jun 8, 2016
She moved out pretty well for a changeup.. I would have her start aiming for the top/half of the ball which should help her barrel path.
Considering that is JV MS softball that was probably a fastball 😁

That said she looks pretty good to me or at least she does considering my old eyes and the fact the video was taken from a different zip code 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TDS
Aug 20, 2017
Considering that is JV MS softball that was probably a fastball 😁

That said she looks pretty good to me or at least she does considering my old eyes and the fact the video was taken from a different zip code 🤣
I think it was a speedy fastball coming in about 43 mph! I’m letting my wife know what you said 😎

Aug 20, 2017

I6kTszw.gif
I agree and we have used the que “top half” and that helps during games but this same issue of pop ups seems to creep up often. Her JV team has about 15 girls that can hit and she’s one of them. She’s gonna have to be more consistent to see the field. I’ll show her this gif

Reactions: TDS
Jun 8, 2016

I6kTszw.gif
Is that video of Sydney Romero and if so is it recent?

Aug 20, 2017
leaky front side sets up the rest CB. She has to get force from somewhere. I would work on the lower half.
You think the front side is leaky due to being early? When I slowed the video down I could see a little hip slide after foot down. Not sure if this is an adjustment to being early or not. Looked to stride then shift. Maybe get a little more weight forward in the stride?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You think the front side is leaky due to being early? When I slowed the video down I could see a little hip slide after foot down. Not sure if this is an adjustment to being early or not. Looked to stride then shift. Maybe get a little more weight forward in the stride?

keep the energy between the feet until it’s time to launch the swing. That’s makes it vertical.Trap.Capture.Transfer Notice the flow. That makes it middle.

1615050037142.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00