11 yr old scared of getting hit by pitch...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 22, 2010
I agree with this statement. My middle DD, now 15, got hit in a local 10U tournament by a hard throwing pitcher. She tried turning her back but couldn't do it fast enough. She was hit outside tricep area close to shoulder while turning away from pitcher. Sent her straight to the ground. Swelled fast and black and blued her whole upper arm. Didn't play for 2 weeks, tried to get her back into game, but would always bail out on pitchers. Went from one of the best hitters to the worst. Finished out that year and never went back. Wish I had this forum 5 years, maybe she'd still be playing. Main, she was a hitter.

Oh, btw, the pitcher that hit her, blew out her shoulder 3 years later. Bet they wished they knew about this forum also. She no longer plays either.

Keep up the great work here, guys & girls!

Thanks for sharing. That's a shame about your DD. It's not an easy issue to resolve. However, with the advice I've rec'd here and the help of her hitting coach we should be ok.

I ended up ordering an XProTex elbow guard. This site has been invaluable! :D

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks Rhodyman. That was a real shame. What made it worse is that my wife took over and made my ball player into an All-Star Cheerleader, lol. She took to that quit well, now she has a higher chance of getting hurt. Who'd figure???

What I'm thinking about now is getting her into golf. The girl hits the ball straight as an arrow, makes me sick, lol.

All the best to your DD! I'm sure she'll do well. There is great info here.

Dec 22, 2010
Haha! My DD likes playing softball but doesn't love it. Her real love is theater and singing. She's been the lead in multiple productions and shows real promise. We'll see how long she keeps playing TB (I think she will continue to play rec. ball even if she leaves TB). BTW, my DD took a pitch off the hand in today's TB tourney. She shook it off well and the pitcher wasn't throwing very hard.

My friend's daughters (12y/o) play golf and softball. They love both! It seems like your DD has what it takes! Best of luck buddy!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
de9x6e.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles