10yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I really don't understand why people keep trying to reconcile golf stuff with softball/baseball stuff.

One involves a moving ball. You have to be quick in softball/baseball. With golf, you can have as long a swing as you want.

I guess golf and tee work have a lot on common.,..

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Ted Williams may have been onto something? Nah...PStein knows better.

Ted Williams, The Science of Hitting:

I compare golf not to detract from it, because it is a fine game, good fun, sociable and a game, unlike baseball, you can play for life. There are some great athletes in golf. Sam Snead comes immediately to mind. There are points of similarity in the swings of the two games—hip action, for one, is a key factor, and the advantage of an inside-out stroke.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Can you show me someone that is applying it as you suggest? Not referencing an MLB'er.. someone that's specifically worked w/your instruction? I would and I'm sure others would like to see that.. maybe it will clear it up?? Or post your examples you sent? Until then, both sides are hear say when they reference MLB'ers or higher level hitters... since we all can say what we think they are doing.. I showed you two examples.. one that uses his hands (my son) and one that doesn't.. You and butter liked my sons core actions.. but yet there is a 100% guarantee he uses his hands to turn the barrel..

Thunder, the next time I get in the cage I will try to get some video to share with you.. btw, I don't need approval from the barrel dump master to verify..

Where did I ever say the hands aren't used? I think I shared my thoughts on what the other kid does and the cause. I am fairly certain your kid would have the same issue if his sequence was rear leg driven.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013
Thunder, the next time I get in the cage I will try to get some video to share with you.. btw, I don't need approval from the barrel dump master to verify..

Where did I ever say the hands aren't used? I think I shared my thoughts on what the other kid does and the cause. I am fairly certain your kid would have the same issue if his sequence was rear leg driven.
Ok, I'd appreciate it.. I'd like to see it applied to hitting the ball.. I've seen examples w/out hitting a ball..

I don't understand why you call the other kid rear leg driven - can you explain? I'd like to say my son has rear leg/rear side control..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ok, I'd appreciate it.. I'd like to see it applied to hitting the ball.. I've seen examples w/out hitting a ball..

I don't understand why you call the other kid rear leg driven - can you explain? I'd like to say my son has rear leg/rear side control..

Your kid gets sat.. The sitting action IMO is what allows your son to use his legs later in the sequence to support his swing.. The other kid never gets to the same position. He passes rite through it. IOW's he never releases his core which would allow his hands to do what they need to.

May 3, 2014
Haven't forgotten about you - work a little crazy right now.

Here is a brief list of exercises to get started on.

Planks - 2 min hold
Side planks - 1:30 hold with good form

Graduate to plank rotations - [video=youtube_share;7XkGSzPq4Y4]http://youtu.be/7XkGSzPq4Y4[/video]

5'3''ish.....
big-ear3.thumbnail.jpg

Well I do tell 'smallish' DD she needs to get everything into her swings. Needs to use her whole body.

Please continue...

May 3, 2014
Hip airplanes - great hip movement - should feel it in your glutes.

[video=youtube_share;Q5STvGcB1nM]http://youtu.be/Q5STvGcB1nM[/video]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi