10u Travel advice opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
I'm running into Daddy Ball issues with my current team. We have 3 pitchers, HC's daughter is one of them. This weekend we played 4 games. HC daughter pitched 3 of the games, the other two pitchers split a game. That's just the pitching end, his batting order is HC DD#1, daughters friend, daughters friend, HC DD#2, everyone else. LOL!. Time to move on methinks.

Depends, is the HC's DD worthy of being the #1? If not, then yeah time to move on.

Jun 25, 2014
Since this thread resurfaced I will give an update. I stated in the thread that we would give it 2 more tourneys and make a decision to move on. Our first tourney got cancelled but we played a double header scrimmage were her coach have her lots of oppurtunity and a chance to pitch. DD pitched awesome and her coach was very complimentery. After that still wasn't sure we're this would take us. We played 7gg tourney Memorial Day weekend. Our pitching was struggling and coach tells me to warm DD up. During warmups DD was on point. Coach puts her in to finish out the game and DD was awesome. Team parents and coaches were very complimentary. Over the course of the tourney she got to play the field a lot and pitch a few more innings and DD is finally getting her bat going. We still haven't decided on if we will stay with the team but everything is going in a more positive direction. We we will just have to see.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Circle time is critical for a pitchers development, and becoming a good pitcher is a marathon, not a sprint. If you and your DD are dedicated to her development as a pitcher, and it will be a commitment for both of you, then I would suggest finding a team where your DD will be the #1 or #2 pitcher. Pitching AGAINST better teams is more important than being on the better team....

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Circle time is critical for a pitchers development, and becoming a good pitcher is a marathon, not a sprint. If you and your DD are dedicated to her development as a pitcher, and it will be a commitment for both of you, then I would suggest finding a team where your DD will be the #1 or #2 pitcher. Pitching AGAINST better teams is more important than being on the better team....

Agree. I could have put my daughter on better teams with limited, to no circle time. Instead, I put her on a lower level team for circle time. Unfortunately, no other pitchers are getting any circle time because HC's DD is getting it all. We played 24 innings this weekend, HC's DD pitched 16 innings. My DD pitched 4. Our #3 pitcher pitched 3 and HC's other DD pitched 1. Frustrating to say the least. Good thing I put my daughter on a rec league team to get circle time, but the rec leaguers can't hit her and there is no stealing home so her walks don't really put the same in-game pressures on her that tournament ball does.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA