10u Travel advice opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2014
1st tourney we played 4 games. She played 3 innings and batted twice
2nd tourney we played 5 games . She played 3 innings and batted twice
3rd tourney we played 3 games . She played 2 innings and batted twice.
There are 11 girls on this team. There is another new girl with my DD. She don't play much either .

When we started this team my DD was only in her first month of pitching lessons so pitching really had nothing to do with this team. Now my DD has really progressed with her pitching and could really help some teams out but he just won't give her a chance. I'm not asking for game time for pitching just playing period. When she has been playing it's been left field. Which I'm fine with that. She just not going to learn anything sitting on the bench. So what do you think about the amount she's played. Does it seem fair or should do something different. Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2012
So in 12 games she has played 8 innings?
I would definitely talk to the coach and see what he says. In 10U everyone should play at least in pool play.
I can understand him not wanting to pitch her much if she has been pitching for such a short time but to not play her much at all would be a concern of mine.

Mar 1, 2015
I'll be the bad guy here...

Putting your first year 10u DD ('06 I would assume) on an '05 team is fine, assuming your '06 DD is performing above all the other '06 teams in the area, and at or above the level of the '05 girls. But after reading your post, sounds like she's not. She would be best served playing with her own age at an A level, and if she can't hang there, then B level. This is the problem with people taking pride in their kids playing up when they shouldn't be.

Worst thing for her at any age, especially this one, is sitting on the bench.

Jun 25, 2014
Junkball. I certainly see where your coming and don't disagree with you at all. There's not a lot of 10u teams around my area so my options were limited. The new 10u startup team that's interested in her would be more ideal for DD. I want to stay with this team but with the amount of playing time she's getting. I'm not sure it's the best situation

Mar 1, 2015
Junkball. I certainly see where your coming and don't disagree with you at all. There's not a lot of 10u teams around my area so my options were limited. The new 10u startup team that's interested in her would be more ideal for DD. I want to stay with this team but with the amount of playing time she's getting. I'm not sure it's the best situation

Where are you playing out of?

Jun 25, 2014
I talked to coach this morning. He really didn't give me any reasons to why she wasn't playing. He said she needed to get more in tune with the game. I agree with were he is coming from but I also pointed out to him that he could take any girl on the team and set her on the bench and there not going to fully watch the game and he agreed. He said he would try to get her more time. Said she was improving nicely and getting better. The conversation was nice and cordial. We have tourneys the next 2 weekends so I will she what happens and go from there.

Jun 12, 2015
Usually, somebody has to sit. It's too risky to carry 9. an injury, a vacation, and the team can't play without picking up. So you usually see 10-12 players per team at 10U IME. Only 9 can play, someone has to sit. I feel that pool play is where the weaker players should get play time, strongest 9 in the bracket as a general rule. If your DD's level of play is towards the bottom, she's going to sit more than those who are more experienced or more skilled. Of course, the way they get better is to play. In your shoes I'd probably drop to a B level 06 team where she may be more in the middle and get more play time. Riding the bench isn't much fun when they're doing it as much as your DD is.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
10U should be more about developing than winning. Especially at the B level. I would be keeping an eye on the local forums for teams looking for a player. Pitchers are always in high demand.

Jun 11, 2013
Unless I missed it I don't see where she plays when she isn't pitching? Is her hitting far behind the other girls? Can she play anywhere else? If this is a second year 10U team you need to find a new team anyway as they will move up in the fall. Start looking now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA