10u Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I use a 4 seam fast ball grip, stiff wrist and the back of the hand goes toward the batter. The thumb comes off of the ball last.

Nov 14, 2008
Thanks

for the responses. This is a travel team that will hit 1 or 2 tournaments this year. What Im going to do is let her work on her spots for 1 more week. Then Im gonna step in as batter and see how she handles spots with a batter. If she handles that like i think she will then I will start the change up. I like the flip so I will start with that. My dd throws a HANDSHAKE change. She comes out like shaking hands and then rolls it over. Cause the ball to tail to the outside corner for right handed batters. Thanks again

Jan 31, 2011
10 pitches, that's funny. In my experience if a 10U or 11U pitcher has a whole arsenal anywhere close, then its dad talking. Last year we went the the USSSA 11U WS (midwest) and I didn't see any pitcher that could just hands down blow it past everyone. The most effective pitchers hit their spots consistently with nice speed on their fastball & worked in a nice change. I truly believe at the 10U-12U age a pitcher can be very successful in TB with that formula. Recognize the batters tendencies and work 'em over. But a good change is a must. AS we all know, the change up does not have to be a strike, low and away for a ball is good to me. Then bring it back with your heat, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG