10u PGF pitcher speed OMG

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Early maturity wins in the younger divisions...

One of the 10U fire ballers my DD's age is still around in 16U. She is unbelievably good. Worked hard, grew some more, etc, etc. She has a bunch of offers to choose from and probably more coming.

The rest.... some still pitch. One - who was 5'8" when she was in 10U is still 5'8" and she may throw as hard as she did in 10U but she never developed beyond who she was a player then. Some gave up pitching. Some gave up softball. Most are on lower-A or high B teams.

The biggest group of pitchers left are the 10U average speed players who have ow physically caught up to the early maturers. They had to dedicated their time to actually learning to pitch in a game and then tend to have multiple plans and multiple ways to get games won. They now have effective speed - they might not get 11K a game but they win lots of games.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Man, that's crazy speed for a 10 year old. I would say that is almost un-hittable from that distance for 10U. We were at a 14U tournament a few weeks ago that had a hard pitching competition. The hardest thrower there out of 16 teams was a 15 year old throwing 61 mph.

Nov 15, 2016
Not sure what happened we got booted but that pitchers team lost to the Tennessee Fury team. So someone got to her unless she didn't pitch that game. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2011
I heard there were some colleges out there watching her. Any chance you could snap some video?

We are playing in the tournament and it has been great. I know I am going to catch crap for this but we clocked the girl from Power Surge at 60,60,61,62, and 57. If you don't believe me come to Huntington Beach and look up the Power Surge. Now the girl is as big as I am but that speed at 35 feet is super impressive. Clocked with a pocket radar that was also checked with car speed inside and outside to make sure it was accurate! By the way the girl can also hit like a Mack truck!!!

Nov 15, 2016
I heard there were some colleges out there watching her. Any chance you could snap some video?

I have on my phone but don't think they will upload from phone. The other girl from Texas boom that throws 57 also lost they got third.

Jun 12, 2015
Not sure what happened we got booted but that pitchers team lost to the Tennessee Fury team. So someone got to her unless she didn't pitch that game. Should be interesting.

I had a feeling the Fury was going to dominate. Whatever happens now the southeast is definitely representing well in 10U.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Anyone know the girl from Power Surge's #. The game Fury played against them, PS had 10 Ks against them (7 from one player)
They did almost lose - they didn't get any runs until the 5th inning..so if it was the same pitcher, possibly they put in someone else by then?

Jun 12, 2015
Anyone know the girl from Power Surge's #. The game Fury played against them, PS had 10 Ks against them (7 from one player)
They did almost lose - they didn't get any runs until the 5th inning..so if it was the same pitcher, possibly they put in someone else by then?

I think they changed pitchers after the Fury started hitting the first one. I was watching on Game Changer. Those Fury girls just never give up. In that close of a game you think you get a run on and you've probably got the game. Not against them, though. They've got so much fight in them, I love it. You just can't ever count them out.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I think they changed pitchers after the Fury started hitting the first one. I was watching on Game Changer. Those Fury girls just never give up. In that close of a game you think you get a run on and you've probably got the game. Not against them, though. They've got so much fight in them, I love it. You just can't ever count them out.

I really wanted to see them but I guess they weren't streaming the 10U games :/

Jun 12, 2015
They're streaming the championship on Flo but you have to pay. Usually the Bolts stream theirs on Facebook, I'm not sure if they're allowing that or not. If they do I'm definitely watching.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207