10u PGF pitcher speed OMG

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We are playing in the tournament and it has been great. I know I am going to catch crap for this but we clocked the girl from Power Surge at 60,60,61,62, and 57. If you don't believe me come to Huntington Beach and look up the Power Surge. Now the girl is as big as I am but that speed at 35 feet is super impressive. Clocked with a pocket radar that was also checked with car speed inside and outside to make sure it was accurate! By the way the girl can also hit like a Mack truck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens pretty much every year. Some kid will be throwing near or at 60 in 10U. Then will come the people who deny that it's possible because they've never seen a 10U player pitch that fast.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2011
We are playing in the tournament and it has been great. I know I am going to catch crap for this but we clocked the girl from Power Surge at 60,60,61,62, and 57. If you don't believe me come to Huntington Beach and look up the Power Surge. Now the girl is as big as I am but that speed at 35 feet is super impressive. Clocked with a pocket radar that was also checked with car speed inside and outside to make sure it was accurate! By the way the girl can also hit like a Mack truck!!!

She's in the middle of her game right now. 4.2 IP, 0H, 3BB, 11Ks

Nov 15, 2016
I wanted to watch it but couldn't. Will see her later in tournament for sure. Just glad no one is calling me crazy!

Jun 11, 2013
I've watched some really good pitchers but it was only at 10U that I recall seeing pitches that just blew hitters away. We faced a kid in local tournaments that we didn't even get a
bat on when she pitched. I saw her pitch to a pretty good travel team and they couldn't catch up to her at all. They did start bunting and forced the D to work but she still struck out
19 in 7 innings. We faced her the next few years and she was still fast, but the extra 5 and 8 feet and bigger ball our hitters caught up to her. But at 10U we had zero chance. I totally believe you.

Nov 15, 2016
Actually glad my dd is one of the smaller A class ball pitchers. She has had to work harder and learn to hit spots and her change up or will get rocked. Figured in the long run she will be better off!

Jun 11, 2013
One thing that's hard is to play defense behind a pitcher who strikes them all out. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have, but in the long run you don't get the reps in the field
unless you get real balls in real games hit to you.

Jul 5, 2016
One thing that's hard is to play defense behind a pitcher who strikes them all out. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have, but in the long run you don't get the reps in the field
unless you get real balls in real games hit to you.

Yep. My daughter has been in both situations as a pitcher and I prefer a contact pitcher with good fielders. More exciting and keeps the pitch count down.

Even in the SEC... I watched an Alabama game where Osorio was simultaneously trying to set most walks and most K's in one game and you could see the fielders nodding off.

Nov 18, 2015
Her catcher must be equally impressive.

For the umpires sake - I sure hope so! Playing LL in the 80's, all the umps had the foam shields - I think 10U softball should go back to that! My oldest played softball for the first time this spring - it was the teams 2nd full season of kid-pitch. They lucked out and got the best 10U travel player in the county assigned to their team. Unfortunately, the skill level of our existing catchers didn't quite match the skill level (i.e. speed) of the TB pitcher. One ump got it right on the side of her left elbow - no time to even flinch. Having no clue about speed, I'm guessing she was throwing upper-40's? Can't imagine 60 mph - you can only crouch so low behind a 10U!

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I find it incredible and awesome that a 10u girl can pitch that fast. I would love to see it with my own eyes.

How big is the girl if you don't mind me asking? Have you seen her throw anything but a fastball? I understand she probably doesn't need to throw anything but a fastball, just curious if she mixes in a change-up here and there.

I pay a local college pitcher to pitch batting practice to my 9 year old daughter occasionally. She pitches from 35', and when we do this I ask the pitcher pitch 45-50mph, my daughter struggles to barrel up the ball at that speed but I want her to get somewhat used to that speed. I wear full catchers gear when we do this. I guarantee you I would have a difficult time catching the ball from 35' and 60 mph. I have tried it and it is not easy.

FYI- from my calculations a 60 mph is the equivalent of 102 mph at 60'-6"

Jun 12, 2015
Actually glad my dd is one of the smaller A class ball pitchers. She has had to work harder and learn to hit spots and her change up or will get rocked. Figured in the long run she will be better off!

I agree. My 10U pitcher (well, 12U now! though we haven't started yet) is tall but not thick. She hasn't had that puberty growth spurt yet. Her speed is decent but really she's got great location and spin. I'm hoping this will serve her well next year, and the increased speed will come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad