10U Makenzie pictures of the tournament against 12U, with 12 inch ball and from 40'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2013
062.jpg063.jpg066.jpg067.jpg070.jpg

Those that have saw my DD's videos when she first started pitching a couple of months ago, We've taken your advice and her mechanics may not be where they, but she is throwing strikes with consistency and with a lot more velo. She is tinkering with the change without slowing her arm down, and when she throws it right, it's pretty nasty. I'm not trying to brag but she is light years ahead of where she was from when I first joined this site. Thanks for those that has helped with advice and feedback. She still may be way off mechanically, so if you see anything in these photos that should be corrected, please feel free. I'm a coach, not just a dad, so I can handle negative{constructive} advice. Thanks in advance for the responses!

Feb 28, 2013
@NVfishing, she will turn 11 on December 10th, so yea she has to move up. Glad we played in that tournament, because I know she wont have any problem pitching from that distance.

May 18, 2009
@NVfishing, she will turn 11 on December 10th, so yea she has to move up. Glad we played in that tournament, because I know she wont have any problem pitching from that distance.

One of the best days my DD had pitching this year was when the rubber was at 40. She warmed up from there. Another pitcher came up and pitched a few and went to the coach and said the rubber was in the wrong spot. They checked. Moved it back in 5 ft. My DD threw hard in that game. 9K 1 run allowed 3 innings.

Feb 28, 2013
One of the best days my DD had pitching this year was when the rubber was at 40. She warmed up from there. Another pitcher came up and pitched a few and went to the coach and said the rubber was in the wrong spot. They checked. Moved it back in 5 ft. My DD threw hard in that game. 9K 1 run allowed 3 innings.

Sweet, I just posted a thread asking was it normal to throw harder from 40 than 35, it baffles me?

May 18, 2009
Funny, my DD has been lights out from further back in practice. Maybe they concentrate more because of the distance?

Feb 28, 2013
Funny, my DD has been lights out from further back in practice. Maybe they concentrate more because of the distance?

It is crazy, at least we know ours will be ready for the move back. I was my hometown schools pitching coach in baseball until this year, when my DD wanted me to coach her team, we live in a town of about 7,000 people, have a beautiful city sports complex and when I started getting them together before sign ups, we only had like 10 girls and two of those are supposed to be playing 8U pitching machine. Then when everybody found out I was coaching, 11 more girls signed up. We have to go through the local YMCA and its $70 dollars to play 10 league games and we barely have enough for two teams, so we have to play about 15 miles east in Monticello in their league. It's pitiful. There aren't any close pitching coaches for fast pitch within 2 hours of my city. I just study and learn all I can from any GOOD source I can learn from. So I gunned her at the beginning of the year and she was 36-39, maybe 40 every now and then. Yesterday she never got under 40 and most of the time she was 42-43, while pounding the strike zone, with bad mechanics. We usually throw 50 pitch pens and I write down every pitch, where it missed, outside corner K, inside corner K etc. I then let her throw 10-15 pitches from 40' with 12" ball at the end, and she stays around 43 with even more accuracy. She is getting better but the way people on here are saying she throws pretty hard with bad mechanics, I would love to see what she would do with great mechanics. She is in the 4th grade and is 5'1-5'2 range, 86 lbs. soaking wet. She needs to get some meat on them bones and use her core and I wouldn't want to catch her at 35 feet lol. Anyway man, good luck with your DD.

May 18, 2009
Thanks. It is a lot of fun. My youngest is the one I'm working with now. She just turned 9. She's a tall girl 4-7/4-8 but rail thin. Barely over 60 lbs. I've gunned her once at tryouts this year with a coaches gun. She threw 38 4 times and 37 once. She can get 4-5 mph faster in practice. She's had some confidence issues this year. Switching from 8U to 10U in league. 8U we didn't have walks. She's starting to find her groove again. She still plays 8U TB. One more year to work on mechanics and different pitches before feeding her to the wolves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild