What NOT to name your team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
One of my pet peeves!

Here are just a few: Big dogs, muddawgs, screamers, really??? What knuckle dragger ciphered that?

Maybe the test should be if most moms wouldn't wear it on a shirt at the mall why would you put it on your daughter?

The Hitmen baseball org wanted to get into softball. They were in a tough spot, already had a name but maybe should have bit the bullet and came up with something different than putting "lady" in front of "hitmen". It doesn't work.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I've posted this before, not really a bad name but a bad printing error. Had a team called the Tennessee Titans who ordered some new uniforms in 14u. Unboxing them there was a pretty funny mistake, they read Tennessee Tits!!! The coach made them wear them inside out until the company replaced the order couple of tourneys later.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I think we have a Lady Hitmen here in NJ and Staten Island had the Silver Bullets and yes their colors were the same. AND then last summer I see the posting for players for the Lady Bulls, an offshoot of a Bulls baseball team. I couldn't resist and posted underneath. Wouldn't that make them all cows?

A new team has emerged called the Pitbulls. Neutered perhaps and I can't imagine DD ever wanting to play for a team with a name like that.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
AND then last summer I see the posting for players for the Lady Bulls, an offshoot of a Bulls baseball team. I couldn't resist and posted underneath. Wouldn't that make them all cows?
A local school's mascot is the Monks, and their women's teams are the Lady Monks, which always makes me think, "doesn't that make them nuns?"

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There's a team in my dd2's soccer organization call the "Red Hot Unikitties." What the heck is a Unikitty??? Her team is called the Lunatics. I prefer it when the organization already has pre approved names.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I played basketball for the local rec center as a kid. The two teams that I played for were "Hustlers" and "Streakers". It was the 70's...:eek:

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Well two of the names mentioned so far have shown up in a local adult slow pitch league:

Hoof Hearted
Pitch Slapped

Others I have seen over the last few years:

Balls 'n Dolls
Jugs 'n Thugs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi