10U Tournament sand bagging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
you will see more and more of this with names and paying Franchise fees and the team just not really what you would expect from said name.

you can put lipstick on that pig and give it a fancy name..... it's still bacon on the hoof.
Probably wouldn't go over too well to have a Batbusters-Lipstick team, a Batbusters-Pig team, and a Batbusters-Bacon team.

Although in My DD's org there was a Coach Bacon, so they would have been Irish-Bacon.

Jun 20, 2015
my point being if team was just a solid B level team (or whatever level actually)... No fancy franchise tag (no matter how much they charge for that name) is going to transform them into an upper echelon A level PGF national level team over night.

May 13, 2021
it is an open tournament, so all divisions are together. Not exactly what the OP was talking about but sometimes theres more to the story than an A team playing in lower level tournaments.
Well if it is an open tournament nobody should be surprised that there are good teams playing in it. An open tournament would by its name imply it is not a lower level tournament.

May 20, 2016
Depends where you are i guess. My DD is on a team classified as A but there are only 9 other teams in our state as an A. There are 86 B teams. Really only matters for UTrip and really don't play a ton of those tournies anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles