USSSA Elite team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I think DD will try out for the team. Our local try outs are in May. She will still qualify for the U11 team.
I looked at the results for the first 3 tryouts and her skill set would place her on the upper side of the results for pitching.
She is a switch hitter and can slap bunt very well. Her speed is better than any of the times I have seen in the results (could be skewed somehow). She may not make it but it will be a good experience for her. May be better if she doesn't make it as we can help her see what she needs to work on. Is it worth the fee? Hard to say. But you lose 100% of the time you never try.

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
I think DD will try out for the team. Our local try outs are in May. She will still qualify for the U11 team.
I looked at the results for the first 3 tryouts and her skill set would place her on the upper side of the results for pitching.
She is a switch hitter and can slap bunt very well. Her speed is better than any of the times I have seen in the results (could be skewed somehow). She may not make it but it will be a good experience for her. May be better if she doesn't make it as we can help her see what she needs to work on. Is it worth the fee? Hard to say. But you lose 100% of the time you never try.

Can you post a link where you found the try out results, I would be very interested in seeing these. This is something I'm going back and forth with and seeing those results could help'influence' that decision. Thank you!!

About Them

Awaiting genuis pills
Aug 30, 2011
Chicago Suburbs
Utrip is slowly taking over my area. ASA A State is still the best state tournament in Il but that can change fast.

ASA has had the same crappy website for as long as I have been around. No scores, no real info. Sounds dumb but the USSSA website is making the difference here.

In Illinois, when USSSA gets the state tournaments out of Rockford and puts them in a part of the state that will attract better competition ASA might as well pack up their stuff.

I actually think (along with a lot of other coaches) that USSSA is more for 14u and under (primarily B teams). ASA has been rapidly usurped by PGF, drawing far better competition than Utrip can muster. Talk to the talking heads of Utrip and they'll tell you that their organization is for B level player. No this is not my opinion, but a direct quote from former Illinois Utrip Chair Brenda Paulson.

USSSA does have a great website....but I'd rather have 2 umps in pool play and face tough competition than be forced to stomach what Utrip calls softball in Illinois.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD is going to our local tryout. I am not really worried about being selected for the team or even letting her go with that being the goal. I think it will be a chance for her to see how things work in a combine/tryout like this. I think it will be a good experience for a 12 year old who has a goal of playing on college.

I am hoping it will get her out of her comfort zone being around a mostly unknown group of girls and coaches.

Apr 11, 2012
Pretty sure that's the one she was on.

IMG00147-20110515-1711.jpg

no....Paige Parker (kneeling far right) played for the Originals-Bernholtz (Chad) team....her father "Terry Parker" was really the head coach and is now a HS coach for a town outside KCMO about 45 minutes (Oak Grove).....my DD is in the back row, far right....the pic above was from 4 years ago in a 18Gold Tournament in early March, my DD was only 14 at the time and was just trying to show she belonged on that type of team....had a big semi-final game and really has never looked back from a confidence level issue......but man, was it windy and cold that day! everyone was frozen at the time of that picture.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi