Sorry ... the WORST game I have ever seen. EVER.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
The game was probably horrible to watch and officiate.
BUT: If the coach on the losing team was good (although obviously lacking in softball knowledge), she could still make it a positive experience.

Disclaimer (because this needs some context): this was the high school my kids went to and that my daughters played for. I've talked about some of that history in various posts on here. The school cannot attract any quality coaches because of a long history of local personal politics that simultaneously kept coaches that have destroyed programs (including softball) AND got rid of quality coaches for wanting to run their programs (volleyball).

We are currently having to co-op with two other small schools just to get 9 girls on the field (despite brand new turf facilities). Our last three coaches were community volunteers from those other towns (not even teachers from those schools) who didn't know what they were walking in to.

The current one is an older gentleman who is approaching retirement. He ran the small summer rec programs at one of the other schools. He has no kids or grandkids involved, just an interest in providing something for these kids. At the end of the game I made sure to tell him that I appreciate what he is doing. I kept the rest to myself.

Those TERRIBLE players (I do not say that with a light heart or mind) and their parents showed him no respect, @#+ched and complained the whole time, and showed no respect to the game or interest in learning or getting better. But they knew they had him over a barrel. They were Varsity starters.

As the mental guys say..."there is no losing. It's learning." Winning and Learning.

I would normally agree . . . But that was losing in its purest form, and I don't mean the score.

Nov 9, 2021
Got you beat … 35-16 4 innings 2 hours 10 minutes Varsity HS game!!! More Hit batters than I have ever had in 25+ years of umpiring at every level except Pro.

At first I was wondering if you umped a game I saw the box score for. They lost 31-21 in 5 innings. They had 4 pitchers hit a combined 21 batters with pitches. Never seen anything like it. That game had to last 3 hours. There are some really really bad “varsity” teams out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA