Tryout notice translator

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
I would never consider doing that... we have had players leave and I actually ask if they want me to post a new one with current team information. Geez $395.00? Hell I charge $250 for 1 player, if there are 4 then it drops to $175.00 each

Softball vids aren't too bad... the basketball ones... ugh!!!

Nov 29, 2009
2016 Bombers Fastpitch - Illinois 18U Tryout Announcement, No Fees, I sponsor the program. Great opportunity.

This guy is so desperate to coach he fully sponsors the team. Unless you leave the team early. Usually very weak teams. The guy has a reputation of being an "Odd Duck" in the area. His full post reads like the all cliches being posted on here.

He's been trying this for years. The good players avoid him like the plague.

"This is a new team that is different from all the rest. It has world-class coaching that will revolutionize fastpitch softball in this area!"

Translation:

"This is a new team because my DD couldn't rise above #3 pitcher on any other team in the area."

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
"we teach more than just softball" - blah, blah, blah, life lessons like being benched for pick up players, etc.

Good one. This one appears in many forms, like, ''Looking for team players, unselfish players, etc. ... '' It's especially concerning at younger ages, where coaches like to take parents' money but not play their 9-year-old on Sundays.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
These examples make me happy that my dd only really had to tryout once. When she was 8 she tried out for the local Org. Played 3 years 10u 2 at 12u and 2 at 14u with the same group. Then left with several of the girls to a 16u team that was started by two of the coaches.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We have a local team here that has posted pretty much everyday for tryouts and they specifically state they are not looking for pitchers. The go on about the "A" class schedule they will play but I don't think they played in one single tourney when a decent field was signed up.

First warning should be that they are not looking for pitchers. Are they afraid someone will be better than their daughter?

Second thought for me was "A" class? They played in maybe one tournament we played in. Every time our team and any of the other good teams traveled out of town they would jump in "A" class tourneys. If any decent team was playing local they were in a different part of the state playing a lower "ABC" org.

Mar 1, 2013
I saw an interesting ad a couple years ago.

"We're looking for players who aren't happy with their current organization. If your daughter isn't getting the playing time or innings she deserves we want you"

It went on.."We have the top pitching instructor in the state...The average speed of a her graduates is 68mph"

Just what everyone wants! Disgruntled families and perpetual program hoppers who are delusional about pitching speeds!

This can only end well for all involved. Either that or their game films will be on Ridiculousness soon.

Feb 19, 2009
"We make it all about the girls."-- Specifically, the girls that are blood relatives of the coaching staff.

"We offer opportunities for 14/16u players to play with our Gold team at elite tournaments and showcases"-- Wait til you see the look on the Gold players faces when you show up.

"Our objective is to qualify for and win PGF nationals"-- Tryouts never end until rosters are locked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45