Tryout notice translator

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
I saw an interesting ad a couple years ago.

"We're looking for players who aren't happy with their current organization. If your daughter isn't getting the playing time or innings she deserves we want you"

It went on.."We have the top pitching instructor in the state...The average speed of a her graduates is 68mph"

Just what everyone wants! Disgruntled families and perpetual program hoppers who are delusional about pitching speeds!

Now that is funny and you are 100% correct. That is a flashing neon sign that actually says if you are crazy please apply here.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
Here is one of the funniest one's I've seen:

We are having a tryout on Aug 1st from 1-3 pm. Our current needs are Pitcher and a middle infielder.

Then, a few days later they add: also need a catcher.

Then a day later they add: ...and a 3rd baseman

Yep, that's the team I want to tryout for as players are dropping like flies for some reason.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Here is one of the funniest one's I've seen:

We are having a tryout on Aug 1st from 1-3 pm. Our current needs are Pitcher and a middle infielder.

Then, a few days later they add: also need a catcher.

Then a day later they add: ...and a 3rd baseman

Yep, that's the team I want to tryout for as players are dropping like flies for some reason.

...or they just never had them and they're boiling the frog instead of advertising to fill the whole team at once. ;-)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
This thread is perfect... lol I just posted try-outs for our team; tried to not use some of the things posted here hahaha Does it sound OK?

The Aloha Breeze 18A Team will be holding Try-outs for Fall 2015 and Summer 2016 on Thursday, August 6th at 6:00-9:00 pm, and Saturday, August 8th at 5:00-8:00 (*** TIME CHANGE from last post***). Both Try-outs will be held at Hillsboro High School Varsity Field. Please arrive early to fill out paperwork.

The last 2 years, the Breeze has qualified for the ASA/USA National Tournament. The team is coached by Rob Combs. In 2016, the Breeze will be attending at least 2 Out of State Tournaments, with the goal of attending ASA/USA Nationals. Players that accept a position on the team also receive "perks" reserved for the Breeze Family.

This is an Open Try-out for all positions. Many of the players are aging out or not playing next year. We are looking for Outfielders, Middle Infielders, and adding another Pitcher and Catcher.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
OK Coach Kevin. You posted it so I have to ask.
What are the Breeze family perks?

I have a side business doing recruiting skills videos... Players get one done for free. Also the HC TD's a couple of pretty big tournaments, he puts the $ back into the team so the girls actually receive some nice items throughout the year.

Oct 10, 2011
I have a side business doing recruiting skills videos... Players get one done for free. Also the HC TD's a couple of pretty big tournaments, he puts the $ back into the team so the girls actually receive some nice items throughout the year.
We had a coach that said he did it for free, but then said, "when you decide to leave the team, you owe me $395.00." Ahhh... that's not free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks