Tryout notice translator

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
So my dd should definitely try out for this team, right?
KC 03 is seeking to fill a maximum of 11 spots. Looking for B+ softball players that have great attitude, great effort, and athleticism.

We are looking for the following:
1. Pitchers
2. Catchers
3. 1st Baseman
4. Middle infielders (2nd & SS)
5. 3rd Baseman
6. Outfielders

Tryout dates are as follows:
1. Sunday, 7/26: 5:30pm to 7pm
2. Tuesday, 7/28: 6:30pm to 8pm
3. Wednesday, 7/29: 6:30pm to 8pm

Tryout location:
Plat

KCis a not-for-profit organization. We have the following teams in our organization, 18A Gold, 16A Gold, three 14A teams, 12B and an 8 Open. We have an indoor facility used year around.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It sounds like it, my first question to them is what position HC and ACs DD’s play. If the answer is they do not have anyone on the Team, sign DD up. She is willing to take some lumps to grow with a Team.

(It was nice of them to list all 9 positions, sometimes I forget what they all are.)

It sounds like it, my first question to them is what position HC and ACs DD’s play. If the answer is they do not have anyone on the Team, sign DD up. She is willing to take some lumps to grow with a Team.

(It was nice of them to list all 9 positions, sometimes I forget what they all are.)
So, if they don't have a daughter on the team they are automatically great coaches who will automatically help your DD grow?

And if they do have a DD on the team, you don't want any part of them because they cannot possibly be good coaches?

Fascinating.

Sep 18, 2011
Hilarious! Keep 'em coming! We got the expected word last night that dd's org is folding after nationals, so this thread could not be more apropos. It will be dd's first "real" tryout season in 4 years.

JAD - what the heck?? I posted this a few days ago, knowing you'd see it, and of course knowing that there is an established pipeline for MN girls playing on Georgia teams, and yet you haven't reached out with an offer?? I'm hurt!!! It was because of that one little jab about GA softball, wasn't it? C'mon, man, 29 has her bags packed and she's ready to head south!! :)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Here is a recent tryout post on our local message board....how many "red flags" can you find?

Looking for an organization that will:
1. Take your daughter to the full potential.
2. Not play favorites.
3. Be coached by coaches that know the game and know what will be expected in the future.
4. Be structured and completely transparent to know what to expect and what is expected.
5. Connections and relationships with many collegiate level coaches and organizations.
6. Have good communication with both parents and players.
7. Actually follow what they promise by going to exposure and high level tournaments.
8. A strong group of committed no drama parents and players.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
So, if they don't have a daughter on the team they are automatically great coaches who will automatically help your DD grow?

And if they do have a DD on the team, you don't want any part of them because they cannot possibly be good coaches?

Fascinating.

Totally agree with you LAS...

Back in the day when DD first entered TB her team was signed up for conditioning with a nationally known coach (nationally known for choking another 18U coach in his own dugout) who had two daughters playing D1 in the Pac 12 but didn't have a daughter on DD's team...that POS left DD in the middle of an asthma attack on the side of a hill...sent his 13 year old son to make sure DD made it down OK...if I had had a gun that day, I'd probably be writing this little anecdote from prison...:rolleyes:

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Seeking dominant pitcher- We cannot defend or hit, our only hope is a lot of strikeouts but we are too stupid to realize that no dominant pitcher would ever join our team but we can dream can't we?

I admire teams that advertise for a dominant pitcher. Most tryout ads are seeking a dominate pitcher. Some want a dominate pitcher who will guess play to make sure it's the right fit.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD - what the heck?? I posted this a few days ago, knowing you'd see it, and of course knowing that there is an established pipeline for MN girls playing on Georgia teams, and yet you haven't reached out with an offer?? I'm hurt!!! It was because of that one little jab about GA softball, wasn't it? C'mon, man, 29 has her bags packed and she's ready to head south!! :)

My DD is changing teams next season too. Want me to make our DD's a "package deal"?

Jan 23, 2014
The tryout I listed is for a team that I've been aware of for a couple of years, I know we played an 03 team from that org last spring, so I was very confused by the whole thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach